LDraw.org Discussion Forums

Full Version: WebGL renderer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Michael Heidemann Wrote:But I run into an error by processing the attached file. I know it's still beta or alpha, but just at that point I am sure every feedback will help you Smile

Uhm it looks like the problem is that there are two submodels referenced by a previous model. My parser assumes MPD contains models sorted by dependency, with the last one being indepentent, the previous one depending on the last and so on. This helps parsing a little, and since all mpd i tryed worked this way i assumed this was standard. Maybe i'm wrong Smile

Saying that, i've tryed to move 8464 - Cylinders1.ldr and 8464 - Cylinders2.ldr to the bottom but it still doesn't work. No error reported but no model too.. Maybe is too big ?

Edit: maybe it's a strange color i can't parse
Actually, the MPD spec requires that the very first file in the MPD be the main model, so it is guaranteed that all correctly formatted MPD files will have dependent models show up later in the file. (It could be that you meant all the other models in the file show up in order, but that's not required by the MPD spec.)
Hi, i've updated the library. See the results here:

http://www.lugato.net/brigl/index.html

News are:
- Better step support (not ideal yet)
- Better handling of non-BFC certified parts
- More optimized vertex merging
- Added smoothing of faces based on Conditional Lines (man if this was hard)
- Added specular light component
- Various fixings

I'm also setting up a public repository (with instructions and sources) so i can stop spamming here.
As always, feedbacks are welcome Smile
Even greater... Smoothing is definitely worth the headhache you got Wink
Quote:I'm also setting up a public repository (with instructions and sources) so i can stop spamming here.
That's not spamming! please keep us informed!
Nicola Wrote:- Added smoothing of faces based on Conditional Lines (man if this was hard)

I totally agree that is hard (having done it in LDView). Looking at your samples, though, it looks like you did a great job; the results look awesome.
Hello, i've released a new version (version 4). This release add support for colored lines and a simple form of animations. I've added animations becouse i'd like to showcase moving parts of a model. It is based on code from TWEEN.js
You can find all here as usual:

http://www.lugato.net/brigl/

The repository i set up is here:

https://bitbucket.org/msx80/brigl

That's all Smile
The animations are really cute, especially the bounce at the end!
But "lines" example does no longer work here (hangs up at "generating geometry") (browser=Seamonkey 2.14.1, tell me if you need other details on my machine).
lol i tested stuff for ages, i don't know how i missed that one.. It's correct now Smile
Quote:It's correct now Smile
Confirmed!
this is so ULTIMATELY cool...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16