LDraw.org Discussion Forums

Full Version: WebGL renderer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
No. You can also use 1 folder with all parts. Altough you do need to combine all p and parts folders of both official and unoffical in 1 huge folder.
Or you can have a look at this variation: http://forums.ldraw.org/showthread.php?t...53#pid9953

Rolf
Hmm, I need to follow this topic.
No further comments, but this is great.
I just copy/pasted a model and it looks very nice!
That's still less than ideal to the point where I wouldn't really want to use it.
(2016-03-06, 18:33)Merlijn Wissink Wrote: [ -> ]I'd like to include this in the omr website. However, I have 2 feature requests that would make it a little better for the omr site:
  • The LDraw files are saved with their 'OMR filename'. That means that sometimes, the loadByUrl receives a url like this:

/media/LDraw_files/Pharaoh's%20Quest/30091/30091%20-%20Desert%20Rover.mpd

It doesn't have any problems with the %20, but the ' (which is transformed into ') seems to be a problem.
    That doesn't work. Is it possible to add support for those links?
  • It would be nice if Brigl would detect a large model (e.g. models with more than 1500 parts) and if it detects one, it doesn't load the model without the user's 'permission' (e.g. a button).

Those are 2 things I can think of at the moment to make it more suitable for the OMR.

1) How is this URL generated? I don't think brigl has any trouble with an un-escaped URL, as this works for me:

builder.loadModelByUrl("/media/Pharaoh's Quest/30091 - Desert Rover.mpd", ..)

As long as I actually have a file with that name in the correct location.

2) This might be better done with some sort of wrapper rather than brigl itself? The code that is generating these web-pages could perhaps insert a button for large models?

(2016-03-07, 10:39)Rolf Osterthun Wrote: [ -> ]Or you can have a look at this variation: http://forums.ldraw.org/showthread.php?t...53#pid9953

Rolf

This link appears to be broken.

Anyway maybe you'd be interested in forking the project and creating a pull request for this change?

-Hazen
Could someone write a tutorial on getting this to work on one's own site? The brigl site does not have instructions. Thanks.
(2016-07-28, 10:20)Michael Horvath Wrote: [ -> ]Could someone write a tutorial on getting this to work on one's own site? The brigl site does not have instructions. Thanks.

I'm on vacation now so I am not at my good old desktop (and internet) to give a full explanation, but I believe the included readme explains (although relatively basic) how to use it. I believe it boils down to adding links to all the necesary javascript files and placing the LDra library somewhere on your webserver.
(2016-07-31, 8:23)Merlijn Wissink Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-07-28, 10:20)Michael Horvath Wrote: [ -> ]Could someone write a tutorial on getting this to work on one's own site? The brigl site does not have instructions. Thanks.

I'm on vacation now so I am not at my good old desktop (and internet) to give a full explanation, but I believe the included readme explains (although relatively basic) how to use it. I believe it boils down to adding links to all the necesary javascript files and placing the LDra library somewhere on your webserver.

Where is the readme? I can't even find a download link on the Brigl site.
It's this HOWTO.txt file I was referring to.
Okay thanks. I did not realize it was on github.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16