LDraw.org Discussion Forums

Full Version: Time stamping messages?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Could it be possible to get absolute time stamp on messages in addition to relative time stamp ("2 days ago")? It would be easier to use to reference things (eg. "when was this version of xxx program published?")
That should be possible I think because the correct time stamp is used in the "Recent Messages" list.
Mmh... I see only relative stamps, like "two days ago"... (even though "yesterday" comes with a time of the day). Looked at preferences, found nothing Sad
I'd prefer this too. Will wait to see what the other webmasters think and change or not change depending on consensus.

Tim
You made your post 08:44PM
Local timestamps would be nice, too :-)

Looking at the timestamps displayed on the homepage, I'm guessing the server is on the East Coast, right?
I can do both. It'll just take some template changes.
Ok, I lied. I can't do both without changing the module. I what I did do is turned off relative dates on the "read posting" page but left it on on the "posting list" page.
It's fine with me this way. Thanks, Orion!
You're seeing this probably because you have messages grouped by date.
I like the way it is now - thanks.
Actually the server is probably on the West Coast. I have the site time zone set to EST
I think this is an improvement, too. Thanks.