LDraw.org Discussion Forums

Full Version: LDraw.org Main Site is down
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
We are currently experiencing problems with user authentication on the LDraw.org site. Functionality of the Parts Tracker that requires you to be logged in (Submission, Review) are not currently available. We hope to resume normal service as soon as possible.

Admin edit:
The entire LDraw.org main site is now down due to software incompatibility issues. We are working to get everything back up and running
Unfortunately we are not making much visible progress with this problem, although we do now understand that the underlying cause was an upgrade to the server software (mySQL and PHP) being incompatible with the ancient (and no longer supported) content management system currently being used for the www.ldraw.org website.

We are working in parallel on a) finding a solution to the incompatibility and b) altering the Parts Tracker to authenicate against this forum's user database. We hope that one of these will allow us to resume service on the Parts Tracker in the near future. However, I will be on vacation until Friday, so no further progress is likely this week.
Hi Chris (or someone else with the power),

Would it be possible to redirect the old website to this post for now?

Tim
Do you have access to PhpMyAdmin or similar?
The MySQL upgrade pretty much broke PHP to MySQL connectivity. It has something to do with the MySQL config. Chris is the one with server access to fix things and unfortunately he has vacation this week
I appreciate fixing a failed MySql upgrade will take some effort and can't be done overnight.
In the mean time though it would be nice to have a friendly plain html page explaining the situation when one tries to access ldraw.org. Visitors now get this:
Fatal error: mysql error: [2000: mysqlnd cannot connect to MySQL 4.1+ using the old insecure authentication. Please use an administration tool to reset your password with the command SET PASSWORD = PASSWORD('your_existing_password'). This will store a new, and more secure, hash value in mysql.user. If this user is used in other scripts executed by PHP 5.2 or earlier you might need to remove the old-passwords flag from your my.cnf file] in CONNECT(qs829.pair.com, '****', '****', peeron_postnuke) in /usr/www/users/peeron/ldraw/PostNuke-0.763/html/includes/classes/adodb/adodb-errorhandler.inc.php on line 77
I'm working on it. The new CMS is pretty much ready to go so I think I'm going to redirect traffic to it.
All main traffic should now be redirected to the beta site.
can someone please fix the "get the latest parts update" image there?

it says the latest update is 2011-01, but then leads to a page showing 2012-01
Fixed. And I don' t think we need to use the date on that picture anyway. The latest is the latest.

Tim
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5