LDraw.org Discussion Forums

Full Version: Forum *really* slow...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It's 23:00, GMT+1, DST and the forum is creeping. If this is how it will be, with only 10 active users, how will it be when there are hundreds?
You're not the first to point this out. Personally I noticed nothing wrong when I was in the US and the Internet connection where I'm at now is so unreliable I can't measure. I will look into this since I now have confirmation.
21:38 GMT+1 DST - the ldraw forum is significantly slower than any other of the web pages/forums I visit daily (both European and US sites). For example, it took almost 20 seconds from clicking in the tree view and getting this page where I can read your answer.
Anders Isaksson Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> the ldraw forum is significantly
> slower than any other of the web pages/forums I
> visit daily.

The same goes with the entire ldraw.org site; the tracker, the download pages, the tutorials, the FAQ, etc. And it has always been through the years.

/Tore
I know about the main site. One of the reasons why I put the forums on a different server (that and I can't subdomain to the sever the main site is on). It seems to be happening during peak internet traffic hours on the East Coast of the US (4-10pm EST). If that's the reason then there's not much I can do about it.