LDraw.org Discussion Forums

Full Version: View Unread Posts counter is broken
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The "View Unread Posts" link on the main forums.ldraw.org page is broken today. Right now it shows 90 of them, even though the actual number is 0.

[attachment=10959]

Following the link shows a page with what is probably 90 posts, but all of them are posts that I have read:

[attachment=10960]
(2024-02-01, 4:42)Travis Cobbs Wrote: [ -> ]The "View Unread Posts" link on the main forums.ldraw.org page is broken today. Right now it shows 90 of them, even though the actual number is 0.

I had the same issue a day or two ago. I clicked "Mark all threads as read" and the counter did reset properly; it has yet to recur for me.
This feature is my primary means of reading the forums. I haven't had any issues. My best guess is that you may have inadvertently cleared out a cookie.
(2024-02-01, 14:34)Orion Pobursky Wrote: [ -> ]This feature is my primary means of reading the forums. I haven't had any issues. My best guess is that you may have inadvertently cleared out a cookie.

This happened to me on multiple browsers on multiple machines, so it's not a cookie issue. I marked all posts as read, and am crossing my fingers that that will fix the problem going forward.
(2024-02-01, 17:29)Travis Cobbs Wrote: [ -> ]This happened to me on multiple browsers on multiple machines, so it's not a cookie issue. I marked all posts as read, and am crossing my fingers that that will fix the problem going forward.

Marking all posts as read did fix the problem.