LDraw.org Discussion Forums

Full Version: Part Tracker problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I want to submit new parts but I can't; is PT submiting page working? Anyone have this problem?
(2023-12-12, 14:31)Javier Orquera Wrote: [ -> ]I want to submit new parts but I can't; is PT submiting page working? Anyone have this problem?

I'm not seeing any errors in the log. What error are you receiving? Is this one particular part or multiple parts?
(2023-12-12, 14:31)Javier Orquera Wrote: [ -> ]I want to submit new parts but I can't; is PT submiting page working? Anyone have this problem?

Just submitted the overhauled 9V tracks:

https://library.ldraw.org/tracker/26281
https://library.ldraw.org/tracker/26281

without problems.

w.
(2023-12-12, 14:37)Orion Pobursky Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not seeing any errors in the log. What error are you receiving? Is this one particular part or multiple parts?

It is not an error, just keep in the submit form page. I think it is something to do with the cache. I'll check it.
I'm trying to submit multiple parts.
(2023-12-12, 15:44)Javier Orquera Wrote: [ -> ]It is not an error, just keep in the submit form page. I think it is something to do with the cache. I'll check it.
I'm trying to submit multiple parts.

There's a quirk that I've been trying to track down that rejects a part due to a validation error but doesn't show what the error is. Try submitting each part individually and if this happens with a particular part, post it here so I can figure out the problem.
(2023-12-12, 16:04)Orion Pobursky Wrote: [ -> ]There's a quirk that I've been trying to track down that rejects a part due to a validation error but doesn't show what the error is. Try submitting each part individually and if this happens with a particular part, post it here so I can figure out the problem.

Aparently, I can submit up to 5 files at once.
when I submit the 5 parts show the following:
Pattern part description must end with "Pattern"
Pattern parts and sticker shortcuts must have a "Set <setnumber>", "CMF", or "Build-A-Minifigure" keyword
(2023-12-12, 16:16)Javier Orquera Wrote: [ -> ]Aparently, I can submit up to 5 files at once.
when I submit the 5 parts show the following:
Pattern part description must end with "Pattern"
Pattern parts and sticker shortcuts must have a "Set <setnumber>", "CMF", or "Build-A-Minifigure" keyword

Ok. So apparently there's an upper limit on files submitted and then the error messages stop working correctly. Odd. I have a planned recode for the submit page so this should get fixed at the same time.
I don't know if it's related, but I've had a similar glitch where the field for attached files doesn't populate (even though the files do submit successfully).