LDraw.org Discussion Forums

Full Version: 2538a/b Boat Mast 2 x 2 x 16 Top
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
While I'm building set 6271 Imperial Flagship, I've found a suspicion of geometry error in boat mast 2538a/b.

The flagpole (Minifig lance 3849) is penetrating into the upper support of 2538, even following the building instructions (see attachment image).

I think the studs on upper support should be 10 LDU (half-stud) closer to the mast pole, on both sides.

If this error is confirmed, should we obsolete currently existing 2538a/b and make corrected 2538c/d, because of connection geometry change?
(2022-10-07, 13:22)Takeshi Takahashi Wrote: [ -> ]While I'm building set 6271 Imperial Flagship, I've found a suspicion of geometry error in boat mast 2538a/b.

The flagpole (Minifig lance 3849) is penetrating into the upper support of 2538, even following the building instructions (see attachment image).

I think the studs on upper support should be 10 LDU (half-stud) closer to the mast pole, on both sides.

If this error is confirmed, should we obsolete currently existing 2538a/b and make corrected 2538c/d, because of connection geometry change?
I don't have that part unfortunately, but from the BIs I can find I think you're right. Holes of bottom support seem aligned with top ones, so it seems it must be modified too. Hopefully someone here has this part and can confirm Wink
I don't have real part either, but I've found a measurement image on Bricklink.
[attachment=8522]

Confirmed, the support matches 1x3, not 1x4, thus it should be made half stud shorter for each side.
(2022-10-07, 23:34)Takeshi Takahashi Wrote: [ -> ]I don't have real part either, but I've found a measurement image on Bricklink.

Confirmed, the support matches 1x3, not 1x4, thus it should be made half stud shorter for each side.

I have the real part, and confirmed as well, should be 1x3 exactly
(2022-10-08, 8:05)Evert-Jan Boer Wrote: [ -> ]I have the real part, and confirmed as well, should be 1x3 exactly
OK, I'll make the change...
(2022-10-07, 13:22)Takeshi Takahashi Wrote: [ -> ]If this error is confirmed, should we obsolete currently existing 2538a/b and make corrected 2538c/d, because of connection geometry change?

Yes, since it is a change of the geometry of the part the old versions need to be obsoleted and new versions made.
(2022-10-08, 8:05)Evert-Jan Boer Wrote: [ -> ]I have the real part, and confirmed as well, should be 1x3 exactly

Thanks!!
(2022-10-08, 8:47)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: [ -> ]OK, I'll make the change...

Now on PT! 
https://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptscan.cgi...ope=header
Thanks Philo, Evert-Jan and Magnus, for updating the parts and valuable advice including measurement confirmation!!