LDraw.org Discussion Forums

Full Version: Axl2hole primitive redesign
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Looks good to me. While we are on this, perhaps the thin triangle of axl2 could be made less sharp, it's actually blunt/rounded.
[attachment=7252]
(2021-12-18, 19:24)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: [ -> ]While we are on this, perhaps the thin triangle of axl2 could be made less sharp

I might just do that one too.

[attachment=7324]

Only wider at the tip (green) or also fatter at the base (red) ?
(2022-01-01, 14:06)Magnus Forsberg Wrote: [ -> ]I might just do that one too.
Only wider at the tip (green) or also fatter at the base (red) ?
Fatter version (red) fits better real thing shape.
(2021-12-18, 19:24)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: [ -> ]While we are on this, perhaps the thin triangle of axl2 could be made less sharp, it's actually blunt/rounded.

I now have a complete set of redesigned primitives, and all affected parts, ready for an upload.
Should these be included in the ongoing rework of the regular axlehole parts, or should I hold back them?

The set include:
6 edited primitives.
5 adapted subfiles.
12 reworked parts.
4 parts used the old file axleho11.dat. All reworked.

45 files have been investigated.
27 were deemed to be unnecessary to edit. Editing the primitives will give them a correct look.
(2022-02-05, 17:29)Magnus Forsberg Wrote: [ -> ]I now have a complete set of redesigned primitives, and all affected parts, ready for an upload.
Should these be included in the ongoing rework of the regular axlehole parts, or should I hold back them?

The set include:
6 edited primitives.
5 adapted subfiles.
12 reworked parts.
4 parts used the old file axleho11.dat. All reworked.

45 files have been investigated.
27 were deemed to be unnecessary to edit. Editing the primitives will give them a correct look.

I would spread them out.

Do you have a list, which (official) files are affected with the axlehole fixes? Maybe this would make life easier for the reviewers?
(2022-02-06, 8:43)Max Martin Richter Wrote: [ -> ]Do you have a list, which (official) files are affected with the axlehole fixes? Maybe this would make life easier for the reviewers?

Well, I made this excel during this investigation. Maybe it will be useful. Filter out all empty rows in column F
The most useful tool for finding all files was LDFind and LDStructure.