LDraw.org Discussion Forums

Full Version: Problem with part 2907
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
If I'm not going mad, there's something amiss with part 2907 in the library.

Check out the Rebrickable entry—all the images there, even their rendering of the LDraw part, show the grooves rotated 22.5° from where they are in the actual library part. Did this get changed during some update? Is there a different version of the part somewhere else?

From the photo, it's clear that the grooves, not the fins, should be at the 8 compass points.
(2021-09-22, 3:02)N. W. Perry Wrote: [ -> ]If I'm not going mad, there's something amiss with part 2907 in the library.

Check out the Rebrickable entry—all the images there, even their rendering of the LDraw part, show the grooves rotated 22.5° from where they are in the actual library part. Did this get changed during some update? Is there a different version of the part somewhere else?

From the photo, it's clear that the grooves, not the fins, should be at the 8 compass points.

Indeed,
I think this happend in the process of first parts update last year. We should fix ASAP so that the part can be uploaded with the correct version in the next parts update.

/Max
(2021-09-22, 4:28)Max Martin Richter Wrote: [ -> ]Indeed,
I think this happend in the process of first parts update last year. We should fix ASAP so that the part can be uploaded with the correct version in the next parts update.

/Max

The last earlier version was by Philo—perhaps he's got a backup copy lying around?
(2021-09-22, 14:34)N. W. Perry Wrote: [ -> ]The last earlier version was by Philo—perhaps he's got a backup copy lying around?

I'll have a look as soon as I have a chance!
(2021-09-23, 11:32)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: [ -> ]I'll have a look as soon as I have a chance!
Corrected version sent to Chris. Clearly I didn't pay enough attention when I subparted it  Big Grin
(2021-09-23, 18:22)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: [ -> ]Corrected version sent to Chris. Clearly I didn't pay enough attention when I subparted it  Big Grin

Ah, interesting! Then that means RB’s preview image is of a still earlier version. I wonder how they generate those?

Thanks for the fix. Now I can finally finish my 8880 Super Car.  Shy