LDraw.org Discussion Forums

Full Version: Call for votes: Sticker spec clarifications
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Please vote on adding the following clarifications to the LDraw.org Official Parts Library Specifications. The quoted text would be added verbatim. (Note that I made minor tweaks to Orion's original text.)

Clarification to Sticker Geometry:
Quote:For stickers printed on a transparent medium, the type 1, 3, and 4 lines that comprise the pattern shall be preceded by a 0 BFC NOCLIP statement and ended by a 0 BFC CLIP statement.

The pattern should be oriented such that the top of the pattern aligns with the +Z axis. Exceptions to this rule may be made on a case by case basis.

Clarification to Sticker Shortcuts:
- Require a !KEYWORDS entry with text similar to Pattern !KEYWORDS Entry:

Quote:A sticker shortcut should, at a minimum, include at least one !KEYWORDS entry in the form of Set <set number> where <set number> is the number of an official LEGO set in which that sticker appears. Only one set need be listed, but more may be if desired.
I vote yes.
(2021-07-21, 15:57)Travis Cobbs Wrote: [ -> ]I vote yes.

I now think we should abandon this vote, and create another one once outstanding issues are cleared up.
(2021-07-21, 22:00)Travis Cobbs Wrote: [ -> ]I now think we should abandon this vote, and create another one once outstanding issues are cleared up.

I agree, mainly because of Chris' remark in post #3
(2021-07-21, 15:57)Travis Cobbs Wrote: [ -> ]Please vote on adding the following clarifications to the LDraw.org Official Parts Library Specifications. The quoted text would be added verbatim. (Note that I made minor tweaks to Orion's original text.)

Clarification to Sticker Geometry:

Clarification to Sticker Shortcuts:
- Require a !KEYWORDS entry with text similar to Pattern !KEYWORDS Entry:

I vote 'no'. A requirement for a KEYWORDS entry should apply equally to sticker shortcuts and sticker files.