LDraw.org Discussion Forums

Full Version: Minor changes to the Official Library Spec
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Sorry to be anti-social, but I refuse to have anything further to do with this topic, other than voting on the current call for votes once the other standards board members do so, and voting on any future call for votes that they might bring.
The part you used as an example is not a sticker. This rule is only for stickers, not regular parts. We can discuss expanding to all patterns but I'm starting to think that this whole ordeal wasn't worth the effort in the first place as the problem could be solved by the rendering software itself.
(2021-07-25, 0:56)Travis Cobbs Wrote: [ -> ]OK:

Clarification to Sticker Geometry:

New Sticker !KEYWORDS Entry section immediately following the Sticker Description section:

To reiterate what I said elsewhere, I don't have a strong opinion about this. I did the call for votes because it seemed fine, and there appeared to be consensus before I did it. I don't really plan to argue the merits of the above changes, but I would greatly appreciate it if anyone has problems with them, that they speak up before another call for votes happens.

Changes have now been approved by the Standards committee. Can someone with the rights to do so please update the spec page?
(2021-08-11, 21:37)Travis Cobbs Wrote: [ -> ]Changes have now been approved by the Standards committee. Can someone with the rights to do so please update the spec page?

Yes, I will
(2021-08-11, 21:37)Travis Cobbs Wrote: [ -> ]Changes have now been approved by the Standards committee.

Does this mean that all unofficial stickers that doesn't follow the new rules, have to be reworked and updated before a release.
I think there's some Admin certified stickers that maybe should be Hold voted now.
e.g.
https://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptscan.cgi...ope=header
https://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptscan.cgi...ope=header
(2021-08-12, 9:22)Magnus Forsberg Wrote: [ -> ]Does this mean that all unofficial stickers that doesn't follow the new rules, have to be reworked and updated before a release.

Yes. No need to fix already official part (obviously they need a fix if uploaded to PT for an overhaul). Are you gonna hold or shall I?

w.
(2021-08-13, 12:53)Willy Tschager Wrote: [ -> ]Are you gonna hold or shall I?

If you do the Hold voting, I could start fixing them, and then you can vote. But we need a third person to give the second vote.
I'm thinking we should fix these files, not chase the original author. After all, they have done nothing wrong. We have added more rules to follow.
How do you think we should handle this?
(2021-08-13, 14:54)Magnus Forsberg Wrote: [ -> ]If you do the Hold voting, I could start fixing them, and then you can vote. But we need a third person to give the second vote.
I'm thinking we should fix these files, not chase the original author. After all, they have done nothing wrong. We have added more rules to follow.
How do you think we should handle this?

Your suggestion is the path I'd take. I can be the third reviewer.
(2021-08-13, 16:30)Orion Pobursky Wrote: [ -> ]Your suggestion is the path I'd take. I can be the third reviewer.

Once the changes are made, if you could post a list (nothing fancy, just part number is fine), I'll take action.
(2021-08-16, 16:24)Orion Pobursky Wrote: [ -> ]Once the changes are made, if you could post a list (nothing fancy, just part number is fine), I'll take action.

OK, here is the first batch:

6177949e  -  subfiles es01- es06, 6 files edited
6177949f  -  subfiles fs01- fs06, 6 files edited
6177949h  -  subfiles hs01- hs06, 6 files edited

4121723   -  k, n, o, p, and subfile s10,  5 files edited

6285381, a-h, ac01, cc01 and ec01, 11 files edited
Pages: 1 2 3 4