LDraw.org Discussion Forums

Full Version: 42125 - Ferrari: I'm stuck...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've started to model the 42125 set, and I have a problem with the front hood. This one is a 5-bar linkage, not so easy to create directly in LDCad. I created a Geogebra model that easily gives me a solution, but when I bring the values in the model the hood is placed very low and there is a collision between the hood and the chassis. I think I verified correctly all the assemblies, so I'm puzzled... That's probably a big, obvious mistake, but... Huh
Geogebra file: https://www.geogebra.org/calculator/jrbf4qav
Model in current state attached.
Still banging my head on the wall about this one... it occured to me that the linkage assembly has several solutions, and indeed Geogebra gives me 3 potential set of angles, but only one is plausible according to existing photos of the set.
I assembled the car using Geogebra solution angles, the linkage works perfectly but... there are heavy collisions!
It's difficult to study your file.   The main.ldr is empty, in your attached mpd.
(2021-04-18, 16:29)Magnus Forsberg Wrote: [ -> ]It's difficult to study your file.   The main.ldr is empty, in your attached mpd.
Yup... Here is the latest iteration Wink
(2021-04-18, 17:50)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: [ -> ]Yup... Here is the latest iteration Wink
Now I feel stupid (again ?): was a mistake at step 231 where I added a beam 13 instead of a beam 11 !!!  Blush should work much better now. Many thanks to Racingbricks for finding the bug...