LDraw.org Discussion Forums

Full Version: Parts made from several individual parts.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(2021-03-08, 16:40)Magnus Forsberg Wrote: [ -> ]Well,
Since we already have 12 different coloured Duplo Car Base I think we could add 4 more "Hinge Control Stick and Base"

We could make these:
73587p01,  Hinge Control Stick Base with Black Control Stick   (already present as 4592c01)
73587p02,  Hinge Control Stick Base with Light Bluish Grey Control Stick
73587p03,  Hinge Control Stick Base with Light Grey Control Stick
73587p04,  Hinge Control Stick Base with White Control Stick
73587p05,  Hinge Control Stick Base with Yellow Control Stick
These are the 5 known colours on the stick.

Would that help?

I don't have a problem with this suggestion.
(2021-03-04, 21:07)N. W. Perry Wrote: [ -> ]...for example, in a parts list in your building instructions.

In LPub3D you can substitute any part made of more parts with a submodel or shortcut part.
In this case the control stick 4592c01.dat (if you use it with a colored base and black stick).
Use that as a substitute in your PLI and BOM and use it in your model with the stick in the right angle.
If you have another color combination (base/lever) you can simply make a submodel with the right color base and stick, like 4592c01.dat and use that submodel as a substitute.
(2021-03-11, 21:25)Jaco van der Molen Wrote: [ -> ]In LPub3D you can substitute any part made of more parts with a submodel or shortcut part.
In this case the control stick 4592c01.dat (if you use it with a colored base and black stick).
Use that as a substitute in your PLI and BOM and use it in your model with the stick in the right angle.
If you have another color combination (base/lever) you can simply make a submodel with the right color base and stick, like 4592c01.dat and use that submodel as a substitute.

Hello Jaco,

Thank you for the information.
However, I prefer the solution of creating a separate part for such parts and sending it to the parts tracker to make it an official part.
I understood the previous statements to mean that it is okay as this has already been done with other parts.
The possibilities of LPub are enormous and I am only just discovering them.

Greeting

Manfred
I'm working on these now.

New assemblies are now at the part tracker.

Updated parts are in the mail to Admin.
Pages: 1 2