LDraw.org Discussion Forums

Full Version: invalid character 'O' during part review
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I just ran into a funny PT error:

I did a part review and received the crazy error message: "The letter 'O' is not allowed in part reviews!"

It took me some time to find out that I accidently had used an accent key on my keyboard and that my review
contained the letter Í (or Ì, I forgot) somewhere else. So the "O" was not the problem, but the accented "I".
Something is wrong with the error message display Smile Smile Smile
(2021-01-09, 22:23)Steffen Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, I just ran into a funny PT error:

I did a part review and received the crazy error message: "The letter 'O' is not allowed in part reviews!"

It took me some time to find out that I accidently had used an accent key on my keyboard and that my review
contained the letter Í (or Ì, I forgot) somewhere else. So the "O" was not the problem, but the accented "I".
Something is wrong with the error message display Smile Smile Smile

Yah. The PT submit script doesn't like Unicode characters for some reason. I had to turn off smart quotes on my phone for the same reason.
(2021-01-09, 23:31)Orion Pobursky Wrote: [ -> ]Yah. The PT submit script doesn't like Unicode characters for some reason. I had to turn off smart quotes on my phone for the same reason.
I get caught regularly with the ° symbol...