LDraw.org Discussion Forums

Full Version: 6090: Royal Knight's Castle baseplate 6261
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all, 
  I would liek my son (5 years) to be able to build my old amazing Lego castle - but with my parents his grand parents (61 and 66) - and there is just one bad scan of the instructions. 
I wanted to recreate the instructions, maybe a bit more deatiled, but the base plate (6261pr0001) is missing from Studio. It exists in this library but in LDcad the other pieces won't snap to it.
if I downlaod it as a file and import into Parts Designer - i can import into Studio - but there it also doesn't snap.

Can somene please review that part?

Thank You a lot!

Bruno Altmann

(2020-11-29, 22:56)Milos Broulik Wrote: [ -> ]Hi all, 
  I would liek my son (5 years) to be able to build my old amazing Lego castle - but with my parents his grand parents (61 and 66) - and there is just one bad scan of the instructions. 
I wanted to recreate the instructions, maybe a bit more deatiled, but the base plate (6261pr0001) is missing from Studio. It exists in this library but in LDcad the other pieces won't snap to it.
if I downlaod it as a file and import into Parts Designer - i can import into Studio - but there it also doesn't snap.

Can somene please review that part?

Thank You a lot!

When you import the .dat file into the PartDesigner you get two tabs. One is called Shape, and it's where you select the part to export. The second one is called Connectivity. There you can create the snapping points (I don't know how to call it). It's realy easy, you just select the type of connection on the left tab, like you do with parts in Studio. Then you can export to Studio and the part will snap just like the others.
I hope this helps.

Edit:
I tried it. Here the connections loaded automaticaly (the red parts represent the stud's connections). I don't know if it would work because my computer froze (poor men's problems hehehe).
Did you use the export to studio option?
Thank you a lot

Tell me about poor man's problem - It takes me 30minutes to export the part into Studio  Smile

I do see the connectivity - so it is really there - I'm trying to export without "the selected parts only"- which might have been the problem after reading your answer
We shall see in next 30 minutes or so.

Is there any texture for the print 0001 - https://rebrickable.com/parts/6261pr0001...nes-print/ ?

and BTW - I'm amazed what this community achieved - kudos to all of you. Amazing ecosystem, amazing tools and amazing people.
Hurray it worked - seems that I was limiting my export to shape.

Thanks again

Bruno Altmann

(2020-11-30, 21:21)Milos Broulik Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you a lot

Tell me about poor man's problem - It takes me 30minutes to export the part into Studio  Smile

I do see the connectivity - so it is really there - I'm trying to export without "the selected parts only"- which might have been the problem after reading your answer
We shall see in next 30 minutes or so.

Is there any texture for the print 0001 - https://rebrickable.com/parts/6261pr0001...nes-print/ ?

and BTW - I'm amazed what this community achieved - kudos to all of you. Amazing ecosystem, amazing tools and amazing people.

Thank you for the kind words.
You made my day.
(2020-11-30, 21:21)Milos Broulik Wrote: [ -> ]Is there any texture for the print 0001 - https://rebrickable.com/parts/6261pr0001...nes-print/ ?

Hi Milos,

I got this baseplate and can provide pictures. I have still other parts on my table to do before I would stat this pattern.

So anybody is welcome to pick it up, I take some pictures and upload it to my dropox.

Gerald