LDraw.org Discussion Forums

Full Version: Rendering problem of part 28192 on Studio rendere
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone,
I'm new here and this is my first post so i hope this is at the right place Smile I've scrolled the forum (it's dense, i have a lot of reading to do !) before writing this.
There's a lot of technical stuff here and i hope i will understand the answer because i'm not highly qualified in this field Big Grin

Here is something i have noticed lately with the Studio renderer : i used the slope 28192 in my model and when i wanted to get a photo render i imported my mpd file in studio. It was ok, except for the 28192 part which was sitting above its correct position, and in a 90° angle. It was positionned differently than in my model in all three directions indeed.

I got it right by going back in my model and modifying the position of the part with the same translation (that is putting it lower and -90°).

Wondering why it is doing this ?
and if other parts are affected and then it could eventually make Studio renderer difficult to use ? Is it something this community can dosomething about or you would simply recommand i use another renderer ?

Thanks,
Gaelle
(2020-06-06, 12:00)Gaelle Vincent Wrote: [ -> ]Hello everyone,
I'm new here and this is my first post so i hope this is at the right place Smile I've scrolled the forum (it's dense, i have a lot of reading to do !) before writing this.
There's a lot of technical stuff here and i hope i will understand the answer because i'm not highly qualified in this field Big Grin

Here is something i have noticed lately with the Studio renderer : i used the slope 28192 in my model and when i wanted to get a photo render i imported my mpd file in studio. It was ok, except for the 28192 part which was sitting above its correct position, and in a 90° angle. It was positionned differently than in my model in all three directions indeed.

I got it right by going back in my model and modifying the position of the part with the same translation (that is putting it lower and -90°).

Wondering why it is doing this ?
and if other parts are affected and then it could eventually make Studio renderer difficult to use ? Is it something this community can dosomething about or you would simply recommand i use another renderer ?

Thanks,
Gaelle

Studio uses LDraw but it also doesn't. What I mean by that is they have the LDraw Library for the bulk of their parts but they also have parts that they either internally developed or imported from the raw LDD data without regard to our rules about how things are postioned, etc. 28192 is new enough that this is probably the case. There is a tutorial on how to add custom parts eslewhere on this forum. Follow the instruction there on how to add a part to override this error.
It needs another vote on the PT to go through the door...
(2020-06-06, 13:39)Orion Pobursky Wrote: [ -> ]Studio uses LDraw but it also doesn't. What I mean by that is they have the LDraw Library for the bulk of their parts but they also have parts that they either internally developed or imported from the raw LDD data without regard to our rules about how things are postioned, etc. 28192 is new enough that this is probably the case. There is a tutorial on how to add custom parts eslewhere on this forum. Follow the instruction there on how to add a part to override this error.
Thank you, i will go find this tutorial and follow the instruction to fix this then ! It will avoid loosing time modifying my model just for the sake of a photo render of the model.