LDraw.org Discussion Forums

Full Version: PFx Brick parts in the parts tracker
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
We already have unofficial control bricks, such as the SBrick in the parts tracker: https://forums.ldraw.org/thread-15582.html

I would like to include PFx parts in the similar fashion. These parts have already been created: https://github.com/fx-bricks/pfx-ldraw-m...ster/ldraw

However. There are some issues:
  • Some of the authored parts have been created using a conversion tool that makes way too many polygons and cause rendering issues due to polygon orientation and other artefacts. These will have to be rebuilt manually. I am fine with taking up this task, unless someone else has already done so.
  • The license of the already-authored parts is not compatible with the one we use. Once the parts have been rebuilt, I think there should be a pull request raised to the original author, so that the new part files can be shared.
  • In order to ensure backward-compatibility with the existing parts, the origin of those should be preserved. Will this be an issue in case they do not follow our standard?
  • The naming of their parts do not follow our standard: The names are too long, causing issues in some of our older software, and they use CamelCase naming, which is information that isn't preserved when we ignore case.
  • The studs and anti-studs are square. Do we have square studs and anti-studs in the library with connection information? Otherwise this might cause issues in LDCad, et. al.
EDIT
I have made som simplified files to start with as I have not made LDPartEditor work on my old machine yet.

The PFx Brick is 1.12MB+544KB for the top and lid, respectively. The simplified version is 14kB: PFx Brick (Simplified)

The Speakers have also shrunk a bit in the simplified versions:

The M Speaker went from 214kB to 3kB (Simplified).

The XL Speaker went from 343kB to 6kB (Simplified).