LDraw.org Discussion Forums

Full Version: TEXMAP Fallback
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I started using img2dat to do rough fallbacks for the stickers I've submitted but file size is huge (even after dat header optimization). I don't think this is worth the trouble. Thoughts?
(2020-05-13, 23:31)Orion Pobursky Wrote: [ -> ]I started using img2dat to do rough fallbacks for the stickers I've submitted but file size is huge (even after dat header optimization). I don't think this is worth the trouble. Thoughts?

Fallback doesn't need to have all the details, maybe use a (very) low resolution version of the images with img2dat ?
The poster could work as it is, IMO.
The black and white movie screen is not ok, but the pattern is very grainy to begin with.

[attachment=5223]
What I tried is scaling it down, cadjusting contrast and reduce noise, then reducing colour (posterize).

That gave me a pretty reasonable result (not detailed, but at least recognizable)
(2020-05-14, 19:58)Gerald Lasser Wrote: [ -> ]What I tried is scaling it down, cadjusting contrast and reduce noise, then reducing colour (posterize).

That gave me a pretty reasonable result (not detailed, but at least recognizable)

I did 4 colors for the movie screen. I think pure black and white could reduce size to acceptable levels.