LDraw.org Discussion Forums

Full Version: Thinking about doing a LDCad 1.7 version
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
(2020-03-04, 16:32)N. W. Perry Wrote: [ -> ]What about being able to modify the "insert" command with arrow keys, in order to place the next part to the immediate left/right/top/bottom of the previous one? This could speed up placement of repetitive parts like floor tiles and so on.

(I know that you can already guide the placement of the next part by pointing your cursor, but you still have to "commit" the placement by clicking; my idea would automatically place and commit the next part.)
A macro could do this, might be a fun example I'll look into it.
(2020-03-04, 19:53)Roland Melkert Wrote: [ -> ]This would need additional information stored in parts (like snapping and mirroring).
Afterwards it would need a way to cycle trough the orientations that information supplies.
Someone has suggested something similar like this before in order to use something other then the parts local 0,0,0 while dragging/snapping.

Some parts have this info included in HELP metas—perhaps there's a way to search these metas for possible suggested rotation angles?

For other parts, Selection Info could help figure these angles, if it were possible to select (or snap to) part vertices.
(2020-03-02, 5:32)SNIPE Wrote: [ -> ]Eye view - the ability to move the camera as if you're in a first person game, this will make it easier to go into tight spaces such as a room in a  house and inspect building errors etc. The movement could be tied to the grid stepping.

Yes, I wish for this feature too.

...but LDCad already has so many hotkeys, I don't know where you would fit the controls.
Possibility to inline flex parts? That would replace flex part with its fallback code, allowing to access individual elements (eg. change chain links to tread links). Of course that would apply only to discrete element flex.
(2020-03-14, 19:38)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: [ -> ]Possibility to inline flex parts? That would replace flex part with its fallback code, allowing to access individual elements (eg. change chain links to tread links). Of course that would apply only to discrete element flex.

I like this idea alot.

But I'm afraid the next request would be to change it back later on. So instead of inline it might be better to make it an option of the subfile (disable regens, make it editable) somehow.
(2020-03-16, 19:13)Roland Melkert Wrote: [ -> ]I like this idea alot.

But I'm afraid the next request would be to change it back later on. So instead of inline it might be better to make it an option of the subfile (disable regens, make it editable) somehow.

Not the same but related:
Is there a way to turn off the generation of fallback code and remove it from within LDCad? If not, can there be? I've been manually editing the META with LDDP because I couldn't find a way to do it inside of LDCad.
(2020-03-16, 19:32)Orion Pobursky Wrote: [ -> ]Not the same but related:
Is there a way to turn off the generation of fallback code and remove it from within LDCad? If not, can there be? I've been manually editing the META with LDDP because I couldn't find a way to do it inside of LDCad.

Yes, the addFallBack option of the !LDCAD CONTENT meta.

Set it to

never

or

remove

You can do this with any text editor or use the header dialog's path tab's code gen option inside LDCad itself.
(2020-03-16, 19:39)Roland Melkert Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, the addFallBack option of the !LDCAD CONTENT meta.

Set it to

never

or

remove

You can do this with any text editor or use the header dialog's path tab's code gen option inside LDCad itself.

Ahh, it's called Code Gen. Got it. I was trying to edit the meta itself in the source window.
(2020-03-16, 19:32)Orion Pobursky Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a way to turn off the generation of fallback code and remove it from within LDCad? 
For what purpose? Create clean templates?
(2020-03-16, 20:21)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: [ -> ]For what purpose? Create clean templates?

Couple of reasons:
- For flex extensive models, allows me to distribute a file that isn't huge (e.g. 8448)
- Makes it easier to split the file out with a text editor since all the auto-generated isn't there.

Yes, I know I can make LQ templates but call me a perfectionist.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15