LDraw.org Discussion Forums

Full Version: Thinking about doing a LDCad 1.7 version
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
Speaking of color wheel, something I miss is a search function, similar to to level part bin search ..
(2020-01-17, 6:29)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: [ -> ]Speaking of color wheel, something I miss is a search function, similar to to level part bin search ..
+1 

I know that we can search by LDraw color number, but don't know this by heart. It would help if we could search by the terms "Light Bluish" instead of just 71
(2020-01-16, 23:15)Roland Melkert Wrote: [ -> ]There is a basic csv export of the bin content (new in 1.6c) you could process that into anything you want.
I use that. But then I have to rework it through a Google spreadsheet of mine so I can get the correspondent BL ID and BL Color from the LDraw parts and colors AND combine both to get the LEGO element ID so I can retrieve the correspondent image. It's a complicated process that uses Brickset API for parts information and Ryan Howerter color chart.

You can get the parts info from this URL: https://brickset.com/exportscripts/parts
And color Chart from here: http://ryanhowerter.net/colors.html

Right now it's almost 41.000 different parts and that makes the whole process slow and tiresome.

You can check the file HERE if you are curious. Just enter a LEGO ID (on column B) or a combination of BL ID and BL Color (on columns D and E) to see magic happens

(2020-01-16, 23:15)Roland Melkert Wrote: [ -> ]This can be done by copy in nested mode and then paste into a new model.
Wow! Like I said: it's always amazing to learn something new about LDCad  Smile

(2020-01-16, 23:15)Roland Melkert Wrote: [ -> ]That's a tough one, but thanks for reminding of this issue as I totally forgot about it
Argh! This drives me so mad that I even thought about having my own modified 24246.dat file to prevent this problem (@Philo? hint, hint. nudge, nudge?)
Dunno exactly what are your BOM needs. If you need info like BL numbers, it will need an external database anyway. But if you only want a BOM with images, MPDCenter can do that (information->inventory). It uses LDView BOM engine, but pushes it a bit further to generate part thumbnail. That said, I am not against seeing a html BOM generator built in LDCad Big Grin

(2020-01-17, 12:36)Miguel Reizinho Wrote: [ -> ]Argh! This drives me so mad that I even thought about having my own modified 24246.dat file to prevent this problem (@Philo? hint, hint. nudge, nudge?)
Actually this part has been "fixed" for some time, but still on PT, see https://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptdetail.c...246s01.dat
But a LDCad shading improvement of con0 would be great for some other parts, such as Fabuland torso...
(2020-01-17, 13:17)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: [ -> ]Actually this part has been "fixed" for some time, but still on PT, see https://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptdetail.c...246s01.dat
But a LDCad shading improvement of con0 would be great for some other parts, such as Fabuland torso...

These problem areas all have a single point (shared among many) touching a type 2 line.

So I think the main problem has do with the code only using two shared type 2 points among polygons to generate additional vertices.

I'll have to dig deeper into the code to fully understand the main problem myself, as it's been awhile since I last visited that part of the source Shy
.. what I would like to see:

- small, in shades of gray - which are displayed in a row directly at the top of the editing window

* Bullseye symbol will switch to the central view of the object
* Split window icon - popup as usual
* Cam icon - popup as usual

..then you no longer have to sway through the current "edit views" ... more intuitive, effective and efficient.

apropos - I would find an independent rubric "Export" and "Render" more clearly.

that would be absolutely "trés chic"
forgot to mention:

keepin pressed Ctrl button while moving selected part/parts results in a copy - a feature like it is known in MLCad
I think that most can be accomplished with hotkey configs.

(2020-01-19, 20:53)Ulrich Röder Wrote: [ -> ]* Bullseye symbol will switch to the central view of the object
Group: edit window
Subgroup: view
Command: Center the selection in the current view
Key: C

when I press "C", the part selected is centered on view.

Use it together with command right bellow that one: "Center and zoom content in order to fit it inside current view"

With these two hotkeys I think you will be able to achieve what you want.

Quote:* Split window icon - popup as usual
Subgroup: split
Command: Switch between (temporary) single/multi views
Key: SPACE

Quote:* Cam icon - popup as usual
I don't know if I understood correctly your request, but if your talking about changing view to cam, you can also use hotkeys

Subgroup: option
Command: Switch between perspective and orthographic projection
Key: V
(2020-01-17, 13:17)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: [ -> ]Actually this part has been "fixed" for some time, but still on PT, see https://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptdetail.c...246s01.dat

Thank you for pointing it out! Updated with unofficial subfiles. I'm very happy.   Shy
Just a quick mockup of some icons in the source window:

- color indicators
- step indicators
- comment indicators
- warning indicator (for instance, for part not available in that color)

[Image: Untitled-1.png]

You can see the image in full size by clicking on it. You can also check an animated GIF by clicking HERE.

Also added the "*" at the end of the filename for file not saved but added it to the session manager window since I'm using the noTitleBar addon
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15