LDraw.org Discussion Forums

Full Version: Thinking about doing a LDCad 1.7 version
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
Been meaning to mention this, and I can't remember if it's been brought up already:

When saving a model containing a flexible part, LDCad adds a "0 UNOFFICIAL_PART" line instead of the "0 !LDRAW_ORG" line required by the OMR. It can be changed in the header dialog, but the change will be undone at the next save. I've gotten into the habit of fixing it manually now, but it does require that extra step when OMRizing (and if I end up saving the file in LDCad again, I often forget to re-fix it).
(2020-08-19, 15:35)N. W. Perry Wrote: [ -> ]When saving a model containing a flexible part, LDCad adds a "0 UNOFFICIAL_PART" line instead of the "0 !LDRAW_ORG" line required by the OMR.

I'm wondering if the OMR needs to loosen its rules about this, as technically the flexible part is not (and will never be) managed by LDraw.org something the !LDRAW_ORG meta implies.

That said I could make it a main.cfg option.
(2020-08-19, 18:41)Roland Melkert Wrote: [ -> ]I'm wondering if the OMR needs to loosen its rules about this, as technically the flexible part is not (and will never be) managed by LDraw.org something the !LDRAW_ORG meta implies.

That said I could make it a main.cfg option.

Yeah, it would make sense to have an exception for generated flexible parts, since the standard LDraw header doesn't have a category for those (though it does have a qualifier for flexible sections).

In a way, it's really more about having the OMR-checking programs not throw an error for flexible parts, or maybe allow it to the LDCad clean-up dialog, just to make MPDCenter happy. Smile
(2020-08-20, 0:54)N. W. Perry Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, it would make sense to have an exception for generated flexible parts, since the standard LDraw header doesn't have a category for those (though it does have a qualifier for flexible sections).

In a way, it's really more about having the OMR-checking programs not throw an error for flexible parts, or maybe allow it to the LDCad clean-up dialog, just to make MPDCenter happy. Smile

I don't feel the !LDRAW_ORG implies anything but file type.
Therefore 0 !LDRAW_ORG Unofficial_Model is fine.
Hi Roland,

I am enjoying my evenings trying to interpret the LDCad commands, and I have stumbled on this parameter:

segsMrgRollAng

It is not in the documentation ( http://www.melkert.net/LDCad/tech/meta ). Am I looking the right place?
(2020-08-24, 22:13)Lasse Deleuran Wrote: [ -> ]and I have stumbled on this parameter:

Yes the documentation is a bit behind.

I added that option to prevent merging of segments with a too large of an roll difference.

It's the amount of degrees between the roll of two successive segments. If it's below the given value the two segments will be joined into a single (stretched) one.

Zero applies the default (hard-coded, version depended) threshold.
(2020-08-25, 18:37)Roland Melkert Wrote: [ -> ]Yes the documentation is a bit behind.

I added that option to prevent merging of segments with a too large of an roll difference.

It's the amount of degrees between the roll of two successive segments. If it's below the given value the two segments will be joined into a single (stretched) one.

Zero applies the default (hard-coded, version depended) threshold.
Thanks of rthe quick clarification. So far this is the only parameter which raised a warning in the verifier that I am creating. But so far I have only tried to implement rubber bands and Power functions elements, so more might pop up.
(2020-08-25, 20:15)Lasse Deleuran Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks of rthe quick clarification. So far this is the only parameter which raised a warning in the verifier that I am creating. But so far I have only tried to implement rubber bands and Power functions elements, so more might pop up.

If you are writing a parser you could also 'forget' about the 'refsDyn' setting as it has been depreciated (is changed to refsStat on load).

And there is also a new option for the donFinScale option, namely 'segMerge' which will compensate for the overlap while merging sections (otherwise you will loose the overlap altogether).

There might be more, I really need to update the documentation (I think it's still based on the 1.4 version).

Running all the default templates should reveal any missing things as I usually add things when I need them in a template Smile
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15