LDraw.org Discussion Forums

Full Version: LDCad - Insert Lpub metas in Source window
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys
Is there a possibility to insert a LPub meta command directly into the source Window of LDCad?
Or must I go over the (Windows)Editor?

Thanks and regards
Johann
(2020-01-12, 13:18)Johann Eisner Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a possibility to insert a LPub meta command directly into the source Window of LDCad?
Or must I go over the (Windows)Editor?
I guess it might be possible since it is possible to edit a !LPUB meta. But I don't know how to add a new one... (I use LPub3D editor for that).
(2020-01-12, 14:21)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: [ -> ]I guess it might be possible since it is possible to edit a !LPUB meta. But I don't know how to add a new one... (I use LPub3D editor for that).
Thanks Philo

That was my thought too.
I have now also done it with the LPub3D Editor.
(2020-01-12, 13:18)Johann Eisner Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a possibility to insert a LPub meta command directly into the source Window of LDCad?

You can misuse a comment meta, which is drag-able, from the bin for this.

You can also paste any text into the source window. I usually keep note pad with some snippets open for this.
(2020-01-12, 21:29)Roland Melkert Wrote: [ -> ]You can misuse a comment meta, which is drag-able, from the bin for this.
Ah yes it works. I was fooled because when you do this the !LPUB meta is not highlighted in text window. But the source is correct. ("modern style comment" must be unchecked)

Quote:You can also paste any text into the source window. I usually keep note pad with some snippets open for this.
Anyway this is a more practical method...
(2020-01-13, 6:43)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: [ -> ]Anyway this is a more practical method...

Yes ... at all when you use the command for the first time and you don't have anything to copy yet.
Thanks.