LDraw.org Discussion Forums

Full Version: PT slow these days?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Maybe it's just me, but I find PT rather sluggish recently...
(2019-12-31, 17:05)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe it's just me, but I find PT rather sluggish recently...

I haven't noticed anything. Might be the route your ISP is taking to the server.
(2019-12-31, 17:06)Orion Pobursky Wrote: [ -> ]I haven't noticed anything. Might be the route your ISP is taking to the server.
Quite possible... Forum works at nominal speed, but the servers are different I reckon?
(2019-12-31, 17:48)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: [ -> ]Quite possible... Forum works at nominal speed, but the servers are different I reckon?

Nope, everything LDraw is on the same server now. Is there something specific loading slow or everything overall.
(2019-12-31, 17:54)Orion Pobursky Wrote: [ -> ]Nope, everything LDraw is on the same server now. Is there something specific loading slow or everything overall.
Overall on PT. eg. when I click on a part link in activity page, it takes 6-7 seconds to open detail page. Not aweful, but slower than previously. I changed browser (Chrome), similar delays.
(2019-12-31, 18:25)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: [ -> ]Overall on PT. eg. when I click on a part link in activity page, it takes 6-7 seconds to open detail page. Not aweful, but slower than previously. I changed browser (Chrome), similar delays.

It's gotta be regional then since I'm not seeing anything like the delays you're getting on both my personal phone and my work computer (which is behind a crappy proxy wall).
(2019-12-31, 18:46)Orion Pobursky Wrote: [ -> ]It's gotta be regional then since I'm not seeing anything like the delays you're getting on both my personal phone and my work computer (which is behind a crappy proxy wall).
Mmhhhh... or something on my computer. Seems to work fine on my phone. Sorry for the fuss!
I've had the opposite experience—it always used to seem sluggish to me, but the past few days it's been quite zippy!