LDraw.org Discussion Forums

Full Version: Technic 854 Go Kart
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(2020-03-04, 2:15)Travis Cobbs Wrote: [ -> ](even though I think this picture came from LDCad)

Well, now I've discovered that LDCad can export PNG images. And here I've been firing up LDView every time, just to do this very thing. (Although I may continue to do so, since its "fit" command, combined with the default viewing angle, makes for a perfectly good preview image right out of the box. I'm not quite sure how to get the right default angle in LDCad.)
(2020-03-04, 12:59)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, it occurs whenever edge lines are "too close" of external surface. Sometimes it can even be seen on regular parts when unzoomed enough, see for example this panel preview: https://www.ldraw.org/parts/official-par...rtid=62531

This is caused (at least in LDCad) by OpenGL's GL_POLYGON_OFFSET_FILL which pushes triangles and quads slightly back so lines are guaranteed to be on top.

LDCad currently uses glPolygonOffset(1.0, 1.0) but its effect differs per driver implementation because those parameters are only hints to the implementation.

I could make the parameters options in main.cfg if people would like to tweak them.
(2020-03-04, 18:07)N. W. Perry Wrote: [ -> ]Well, now I've discovered that LDCad can export PNG images. And here I've been firing up LDView every time, just to do this very thing. (Although I may continue to do so, since its "fit" command, combined with the default viewing angle, makes for a perfectly good preview image right out of the box. I'm not quite sure how to get the right default angle in LDCad.)

You could use the framing preview to pose your model (same menu as the export itself).

If you always use the same rotation you could make a macro to load it.
(2020-03-04, 19:34)Roland Melkert Wrote: [ -> ]You could use the framing preview to pose your model (same menu as the export itself).

If you always use the same rotation you could make a macro to load it.

Can I numerically enter the view rotation somehow? The only available 3D default views are 45° left and 45° right. (I use them for part bin images, so I like a nice, uniform, generic perspective view, but the 45° views aren't quite right. I guess a simple question would be, what settings did you use for the part bins of your example models?)
Pages: 1 2