LDraw.org Discussion Forums

Full Version: Problem rendering LSynth parts in Studio
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What might cause this type of rendering error of certain LSynth parts in Stud.io's photoreal renderer? In this model it's the Technic flex-system (rigid) hose; not all types of flexible parts seem to have this problem. (And the POVRay renderer does it correctly, it's only in Eyesight that there's a problem.)
(2019-09-07, 4:04)N. W. Perry Wrote: [ -> ]What might cause this type of rendering error of certain LSynth parts in Stud.io's photoreal renderer? In this model it's the Technic flex-system (rigid) hose; not all types of flexible parts seem to have this problem. (And the POVRay renderer does it correctly, it's only in Eyesight that there's a problem.)
It looks like there is a bug in Studio... I posted a message on BL forum, hopefully it will be noticed and the bug corrected: http://forum.bricklink.com/viewtopic.php...6f04d2e89f

It is probably possible to modify LSynth generator template to use uncaled elements with some overlap. Alternatively you could recreate the Technic flex-system hose within Studio, but it can be a chore (and not all flexible elements are available in Studio!)
(2019-09-07, 11:53)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: [ -> ]It looks like there is a bug in Studio... I posted a message on BL forum, hopefully it will be noticed and the bug corrected: http://forum.bricklink.com/viewtopic.php...6f04d2e89f

It is probably possible to modify LSynth generator template to use uncaled elements with some overlap. Alternatively you could recreate the Technic flex-system hose within Studio, but it can be a chore (and not all flexible elements are available in Studio!)

Studio does have the flex-system hose, but that's really the root of the problem: their flexible parts editor is so erratic as to be unusable, really!
(2019-09-09, 14:00)N. W. Perry Wrote: [ -> ]Studio does have the flex-system hose, but that's really the root of the problem: their flexible parts editor is so erratic as to be unusable, really!
Yeah, tried it a bit, I feel your pain!