LDraw.org Discussion Forums

Full Version: [LDPatternCreator] Release 1.7.1 (better rotation / usability / triangulation)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
(2019-06-13, 8:57)Jaco van der Molen Wrote: [ -> ]Standard, I guess. Never changed anything there.

I started my project again and now seems better.
Still learning....
I always work with move snap 10.
(2019-06-13, 8:09)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: [ -> ]Mmhhh... I see no way of NOT snapping on grid. What is your "move snap" value? a very low value  could explain problems.
Otherwise, you can align vertices (select them then merge to average (x or y) ). Problem is that it's an average, so you end off grid! I'd prefer that, like rotate, these merge occured on value of nearest to cursor vertex! (hint, hint, Nils Wink )

Ok, seems better now somehow. I am making the sticker with "UNITED STATES" for the 10266 Moonlander set.
So the letters U, D and S are a bit more complicated due to the curves, but I think I got it right.

Next question: do I need to create the stickers with round edges?
(2019-06-13, 9:01)Jaco van der Molen Wrote: [ -> ]Next question: do I need to create the stickers with round edges?
They seem pretty sharp. Not worth the trouble imho.
(2019-06-13, 9:28)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: [ -> ]They seem pretty sharp. Not worth the trouble imho.

OK, however judging this, they seem round

[attachment=3742]

Looking at some other stickers (like 4216816a.dat) they have rounded egdes too.
(2019-06-13, 9:54)Jaco van der Molen Wrote: [ -> ]OK, however judging this, they seem round

Looking at some other stickers (like 4216816a.dat) they have rounded egdes too.

Some progress:

[attachment=3743]
Bug of the day:

* Select "Add Vertex [A]"
* Set a vertex. Watch out for the small coordination windows in the bottom right-hand corner
* Select "Add Primitive [F7]... Create a Spline..."
* Click to add the spline starting point
* Click to set the first direction of the spline
* Click to add the next point
* Click to set the next direction
* You CANNOT click to apply the segment count 'cos the "Vertex-Data" is still there hiding the segment count window underneath.

Workaround:

* Make sure the "Add Vertex [A]" button is not pressed before creating a spline.

w.
(2019-06-10, 20:15)Nils Schmidt Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

today, I decided to finish more features for LDPatternCreator. Here is the result!

Download and install the latest LDPatternCreator release directly from sourceforge.net.

Change log:

New features:
  • Rotation will be applied around the selected vertex which is the nearest to the cursor (except for primitives, subfiles and groups)
  • A click on "Select" cancels "Add vertex" / "Add triangle" ...
  • "Remove isolated vertices" is always visible and enabled on the toolbar
  • "Fast triangulation II" is renamed to "Create new vertices during triangle creation"
  • "Fast triangulation" is now always active by default (can be temporarily deactivated by pressing CTRL or cancelled with RMB)

Fixed bugs:
  • Fast triangulation suggested the wrong edge on longer triangles
  • A rare error occured during triangle creation

As always, I included a short readme.htm in the installation directory.

Cheers & Leg Godt

Nils
Many thanks for this tool !
Question : Is it possible to reduce the number of digit after the coma in the file (currently 4) when I export to .dat a pattern ?

Best regards
(2019-11-28, 22:34)Marc Giraudet Wrote: [ -> ]Many thanks for this tool !
Question : Is it possible to reduce the number of digit after the coma in the file (currently 4) when I export to .dat a pattern ?
It is generally best to reduce precision only in the very least stage of part creation. So I rely on datheader for that...
(2019-11-29, 7:02)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: [ -> ]It is generally best to reduce precision only in the very least stage of part creation. So I rely on datheader for that...

Oh I see, in the Option/Preference menu. Never seen before. Test in progress on 30250p01s01 submitted pattern ...

Merci

Marc (French native from Nantes …)
(2019-11-29, 15:03)Marc Giraudet Wrote: [ -> ]Marc (French native from Nantes …)
Je me disais bien, vu le nom... Wink
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5