LDraw.org Discussion Forums

Full Version: [LDPatternCreator] Release 1.7.1 (better rotation / usability / triangulation)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
What screen-recorder did you use?
(2019-06-11, 14:37)Gerald Lasser Wrote: [ -> ]What screen-recorder did you use?
Icecream screen recorder (pro version, about 30€). Previously I used OBS (free), but I had many issues with it - including a not so obvious user interface.
(2019-06-11, 12:12)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: [ -> ]I made a quick video showing a simple pattern creation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vax5vvJH_Rs
Enjoy!

OK, that is interesting to see. I am tentatively beginning to work a bit with LDPC and this helps a lot to understand.
I am used to working with vectors creating this kind of shapes, but cannot quite grasp it in LDPC.
From V 1.7.0:
New features:
  • Auto-corrections for primitive data when loading a file
Does that mean that primitives are broken down into triangles when reloading the file?
In V1.7.1 it's like this.
(2019-06-11, 20:45)Johann Eisner Wrote: [ -> ]From V 1.7.0:
New features:
  • Auto-corrections for primitive data when loading a file
Does that mean that primitives are broken down into triangles when reloading the file?
In V1.7.1 it's like this.

Sorry my mistake. Angry

This only happens if the file is saved in V1.7.1 and opened with V1.6.9.
after long search and testing lots of shitty or expensive screenrecorder
programs, I finally landed at the free tool "Captura", which is
free and just wonderful.

I can warmly recommend it.
(2019-06-11, 19:44)Jaco van der Molen Wrote: [ -> ]OK, that is interesting to see. I am tentatively beginning to work a bit with LDPC and this helps a lot to understand.
I am used to working with vectors creating this kind of shapes, but cannot quite grasp it in LDPC.

I am having difficulties with snapping vertices to the grid.
To put it simply: it does not work for me.
When I draw a triangle that needs to have straight horizontal and vertical lines, the vertices do not snap to where I click.

Is there a way to align vertices?
(2019-06-13, 6:15)Jaco van der Molen Wrote: [ -> ]I am having difficulties with snapping vertices to the grid.
When I draw a triangle that needs to have straight horizontal and vertical lines, the vertices do not snap to where I click.

Which Grid settings Do you use?
(2019-06-13, 6:15)Jaco van der Molen Wrote: [ -> ]I am having difficulties with snapping vertices to the grid.

Mmhhh... I see no way of NOT snapping on grid. What is your "move snap" value? a very low value could explain problems.
Otherwise, you can align vertices (select them then merge to average (x or y) ). Problem is that it's an average, so you end off grid! I'd prefer that, like rotate, these merge occured on value of nearest to cursor vertex! (hint, hint, Nils Wink )
(2019-06-13, 8:07)Johann Eisner Wrote: [ -> ]Which Grid settings Do you use?

Standard, I guess. Never changed anything there.

[attachment=3741]

I started my project again and now seems better.
Still learning....
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5