LDraw.org Discussion Forums

Full Version: Wikipedia
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
(2019-06-10, 18:46)Michael Horvath Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry, the thread notifications ended up in my spam box.

Anyway, for a small scene I would recommend:

* radiosity
* SSLT
* MOCs only! Nothing from TLG.

POV-Ray can do all this but it is super slow. Is anyone here skilled with Blender? I have only a little experience with it, and none of it LDraw related.

Lastly, there are many high quality renders on Flickr, but I do not know how to filter *just* for Creative Commons or Public Domain images.

I can make nice render with PovRay if you provide me the model.
(2019-06-10, 19:00)Damien Roux Wrote: [ -> ]I can make nice render with PovRay if you provide me the model.

Unfortunately, I don't think any of my models are worth showing on their own. Wink
I just made this render today. It is not an especially nice model, but I used SSLT, blurred reflections, high quality radiosity, etc. assuming I didn't by mistake misconfigure something. Download the original PNG version rather than the JPG.

ed. Oops I made a mistake. Am re-rendering now.
(2019-06-14, 0:11)Michael Horvath Wrote: [ -> ]I just made this render today. It is not an especially nice model, but I used SSLT, blurred reflections, high quality radiosity, etc. assuming I didn't by mistake misconfigure something. Download the original PNG version rather than the JPG.

ed. Oops I made a mistake. Am re-rendering now.

First render:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/108839565@...ed-public/

Second render:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/108839565@...ed-public/

The second one includes some changes to materials suggested by Christoph Lipka.
I don't like the facetized look of slope wedges. Aren't they supposed to be smoothed somehow?
Additionally I would suggest not to use an L3P POVRay export,
as that is quite outdated.

I would prefer
* LDView POVRay export + POVRay rendering, or
* ImportLDRaw import into Blender + Blender render
* or any other POVRay export of our nowadays tools, not the ancient L3P
Hi
Here two fast renders with povray from the car.ldr.
Resolution is only 1920x1080 for this test.
Light and floor has been changed a little bit for the standard export of LDView.

[attachment=3760]
[attachment=3761]
(2019-06-16, 9:50)Steffen Wrote: [ -> ]Additionally I would suggest not to use an L3P POVRay export,
as that is quite outdated.

I would prefer
* LDView POVRay export + POVRay rendering, or
* ImportLDRaw import into Blender + Blender render
* or any other POVRay export of our nowadays tools, not the ancient L3P

Thanks, I will try that! I like L3P because it can be executed from the command line/batch file.

Too bad LDView is no longer being updated. I have several suggestions wrt the POV-Ray output.
(2019-06-17, 6:49)Johann Eisner Wrote: [ -> ]Hi
Here two fast renders with povray from the car.ldr.
Resolution is only 1920x1080 for this test.
Light and floor has been changed a little bit for the standard export of LDView.

I'm not a fan of the reflecting floor. Otherwise looks good.

Why are we using POV when Studio looks just as good at a fraction of render the time
(2019-06-17, 23:40)Michael Horvath Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks, I will try that! I like L3P because it can be executed from the command line/batch file.

Too bad LDView is no longer being updated. I have several suggestions wrt the POV-Ray output.

I added support for command line exports to LDView 4.3. (See LDView's Help.html#ExportFilename.)

Despite what I said before, it is likely that there will eventually be an LDView 4.4, but I have a texture-related bug that I'm pretty sure that I introduced that needs to be fixed first, and I haven't been able to figure it out yet.
Pages: 1 2 3 4