LDraw.org Discussion Forums

Full Version: OMR
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Guys

I have just uploaded the last available models to the OMR.
After a tough 4 months and about 500 models later, the OMR is up to date and I want to say thank you.

1st: To Jaco, who has created a wonderful list to facilitate the search.
2nd: To all authors who take their time to draw models, and
3rd: to the part authors who tirelessly draw and test parts, without which no models could be drawn.

Should anyone still discover models that I have overlooked, then please report.

Thanks.

Best regards
Johann

[attachment=3514]
(2019-04-06, 16:16)Johann Eisner Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Guys

I have just uploaded the last available models to the OMR.
After a tough 4 months and about 500 models later, the OMR is up to date and I want to say thank you.

1st: To Jaco, who has created a wonderful list to facilitate the search.
2nd: To all authors who take their time to draw models, and
3rd: to the part authors who tirelessly draw and test parts, without which no models could be drawn.

Should anyone still discover models that I have overlooked, then please report.

Thanks.

Best regards
Johann

Thank _you_ too Johann!
(2019-04-06, 16:57)Jaco van der Molen Wrote: [ -> ]Thank _you_ too Johann!
Can't say better (including bold typeface!)
(2019-04-06, 16:57)Jaco van der Molen Wrote: [ -> ]Thank _you_ too Johann!

+1
[size=small]w.[/size]
I noticed that on the landing page for the OMR, there are no links at all in the descriptive text. May be this is due to the revamp. but I think they should be added.

Many of the links would be addressed in the "FAQ" page, but in my opinion to have the link directly there makes it easier to navigate (i.e. skipping the FAQ for some basic questions that are listed there)

gerald
(2019-05-27, 10:37)Gerald Lasser Wrote: [ -> ]I noticed that on the landing page for the OMR, there are no links at all in the descriptive text. May be this is due to the revamp. but I think they should be added.

Many of the links would be addressed in the "FAQ" page, but in my opinion to have the link directly there makes it easier to navigate (i.e. skipping the FAQ for some basic questions that are listed there)

gerald

That's a good point, well spotted haha. The OMR is now also on Github so if anyone feels like improving anything; feel free to fork and/or submit a pull request. For example a more rigorous task/idea I had was to use the same css framework as the main LDraw.org site (semantic I believe) so they would look more similar. Or create an on-site submission form. Create a better WebGL viewer. Or just fix typos and missing urls. Lots of things that can be added or improved.  Big Grin

In any case, I updated the links I'm working on updating the links. I don't have access to the server though, so you'd have to poke Orion to update it.
(2019-05-27, 14:44)Merlijn Wissink Wrote: [ -> ]That's a good point, well spotted haha. The OMR is now also on Github so if anyone feels like improving anything; feel free to fork and/or submit a pull request. For example a more rigorous task/idea I had was to use the same css framework as the main LDraw.org site (semantic I believe) so they would look more similar. Or create an on-site submission form. Create a better WebGL viewer. Or just fix typos and missing urls. Lots of things that can be added or improved.  Big Grin

In any case, I updated the links I'm working on updating the links. I don't have access to the server though, so you'd have to poke Orion to update it.

Just update Github and I'll pull in the updates.
(2019-05-27, 14:47)Orion Pobursky Wrote: [ -> ]Just update Github and I'll pull in the updates.

Where can I find it on Github?
I am to silly to find it.
(2019-05-31, 9:50)Johann Eisner Wrote: [ -> ]Where can I find it on Github?
I am to silly to find it.

https://github.com/Landcross/LDrawOMR
(2019-05-31, 13:35)Orion Pobursky Wrote: [ -> ]https://github.com/Landcross/LDrawOMR

Many Thanks.
At first I thought about making a pull request, but then I noticed that this error is only displayed as an admin.
When I am logged in and go to "files" and do a search if this model is already in the OMR, I get a "Server Error 500".
Please can you take a l look on it.

Regards Johann
(2019-05-31, 18:57)Johann Eisner Wrote: [ -> ]Many Thanks.
At first I thought about making a pull request, but then I noticed that this error is only displayed as an admin.
When I am logged in and go to "files" and do a search if this model is already in the OMR, I get a "Server Error 500".
Please can you take a l look on it.

Regards Johann

I can take a look later, not now. Due to moving and my ISP being stupid (again), I don't have my desktop running nor do I have internet...  Dodgy