LDraw.org Discussion Forums

Full Version: LDCad on ChromeOS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
With ChromeOSs new Linux app support, I decided to give LDCad a whirl. Downloaded and ran setup.sh. Installed gtk2 and glu but not sure I needed to. Started up fine but man is it slow. I plan to tinker some more to see if I can boost performance.
(2019-02-13, 0:13)Orion Pobursky Wrote: [ -> ]With ChromeOSs new Linux app support, I decided to give LDCad a whirl. Downloaded and ran setup.sh. Installed gtk2 and glu but not sure I needed to. Started up fine but man is it slow. I plan to tinker some more to see if I can boost performance.

Is it using software OpenGL for those apps or does the graphics hardware on chrome os devices suck in general ?
(2019-02-13, 18:27)Roland Melkert Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-02-13, 0:13)Orion Pobursky Wrote: [ -> ]With ChromeOSs new Linux app support, I decided to give LDCad a whirl. Downloaded and ran setup.sh. Installed gtk2 and glu but not sure I needed to. Started up fine but man is it slow. I plan to tinker some more to see if I can boost performance.

Is it using software OpenGL for those apps or does the graphics hardware on chrome os devices suck in general ?

I don't know. I would assume that is on software only due to the nature of the virtulization container ChromeOS uses for Linux apps.