LDraw.org Discussion Forums

Full Version: OMR File Header
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello Everyone

After reading the OMR file Specification the nineteeth time, I am a little confused:
Under File Header is this written:

File Headers

Each individual model file in the MPD that does not represent an unofficial part must have the following standard header format.
Standard Header:
Code:
0 FILE <Filename>.ldr
0 <Individual filename>
0 Name: <Filename>.ldr
0 Author: <Author Name> [Username]
0 !LDRAW_ORG Model -OR- 0 !LDRAW_ORG Unofficial_Model
0 !LICENSE Redistributable under CCAL version 2.0 : see CAreadme.txt

and under OMR example this:

OMR Example
Code:
0 FILE 6712 - Main.ldr
0 Main
0 Name: 6712 - Main.ldr
0 Author: Willy Tschager [Holly-Wood]
0 !LICENSE Redistributable under CCAL version 2.0 : see CAreadme.txt

Now the question:
Ist the line "0 !LDRAW_ORG Model -OR- 0 !LDRAW_ORG Unofficial_Model" nessacery or not?

Johann
It surely should have it but I simply forgot to put it. Will correct the specs page.

w.
(2018-12-22, 15:22)Willy Tschager Wrote: [ -> ]It surely should have it but I simply forgot to put it. Will correct the specs page.

w.

Well that I noticed so early, have only about 200 files in the OMR repository uploaded without paying attention to it. Will check all files again and replace if necessary. Yeah.

Johann
(2018-12-22, 15:34)Johann Eisner Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-12-22, 15:22)Willy Tschager Wrote: [ -> ]It surely should have it but I simply forgot to put it. Will correct the specs page.

w.

Well that I noticed so early, have only about 200 files in the OMR repository uploaded without paying attention to it. Will check all files again and replace if necessary. Yeah.

Johann
You can give MPDCenter a try if you are working on a windows machine. Smile
LDraw.org - Preparing a MPD file for Official Model Repository ...
(2018-12-23, 12:45)Michael Heidemann Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-12-22, 15:34)Johann Eisner Wrote: [ -> ]Well that I noticed so early, have only about 200 files in the OMR repository uploaded without paying attention to it. Will check all files again and replace if necessary. Yeah.

Johann
You can give MPDCenter a try if you are working on a windows machine. Smile

Hi
I already use the MPD Center and it is very helpful. But MPDC does not check for the existence of the line and the file is still OMR compliant. That would be a good addition to the next version. Only when the header is edited can this line be inserted automatically.

Regards Johann
(2018-12-23, 13:42)Johann Eisner Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-12-23, 12:45)Michael Heidemann Wrote: [ -> ]You can give MPDCenter a try if you are working on a windows machine. Smile

Hi
I already use the MPD Center and it is very helpful. But MPDC does not check for the existence of the line and the file is still OMR compliant. That would be a good addition to the next version. Only when the header is edited can this line be inserted automatically.

Regards Johann

Thank you very much for directing me to this error that will hopefully be fixed within a few days. Smile
cu
mikeheide
(2018-12-23, 15:44)Michael Heidemann Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-12-23, 13:42)Johann Eisner Wrote: [ -> ]Hi

Regards Johann

Thank you very much for directing me to this error that will hopefully be fixed within a few days. Smile
cu
mikeheide
The fix is nearly ready. But I can only check for the existing of this line. The content may be different and can also include other than the "model" tag.
Or I am wrong here?

Any hint is welcome.
cu
mikeheide
(2018-12-23, 17:05)Michael Heidemann Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-12-23, 15:44)Michael Heidemann Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you very much for directing me to this error that will hopefully be fixed within a few days. Smile
cu
mikeheide
The fix is nearly ready. But I can only check for the existing of this line. The content may be different and can also include other than the "model" tag.
Or I am wrong here?

Any hint is welcome.
cu
mikeheide
Hi

There are two definitions for OMR

Code:
0 !LDRAW_ORG Model -OR- 0 !LDRAW_ORG Unofficial_Model

Johann
I have a question regarding the semantical difference between the two lines:

Code:
0 !LDRAW_ORG Model

AND

0 !LDRAW_ORG Unofficial_Model
While "0 LDRAW_ORG Model" seems to indicate an official LEGO-produced model. Is this correct?

Does the other line indicate an OMR-compliant model which is not produced by LEGO, such as a MOC or alternate build? If so. What is the expected content of the "0 FILE", description and "0 Name: " lines?
(2019-06-10, 21:34)Lasse Deleuran Wrote: [ -> ]While "0 LDRAW_ORG Model" seems to indicate an official LEGO-produced model. Is this correct?

Does the other line indicate an OMR-compliant model which is not produced by LEGO, such as a MOC or alternate build? If so. What is the expected content of the "0 FILE", description and "0 Name: " lines?

This is indeed very vague.

Normally the official / unofficial status has to do with files being QA-ed and then contained in complete.zip or not.

But with OMR things ares not that formal, so I'm thinking it should always be "Model" when available on the site, and "Unofficial" up till the point it's uploaded to the site.

Not sure though.
(2019-06-10, 22:52)Roland Melkert Wrote: [ -> ]This is indeed very vague.

Normally the official / unofficial status has to do with files being QA-ed and then contained in complete.zip or not.

But with OMR things ares not that formal, so I'm thinking it should always be "Model" when available on the site, and "Unofficial" up till the point it's uploaded to the site.

Not sure though.

That’s what I’ve been assuming and I pretty much wrote the spec.
Thanks, both of you. I will update the documentation in my codebase to reflect this.
As soon as I uploaded a model to OMR, I changed the file header from unofficial to official, when I OMRize the file.