LDraw.org Discussion Forums

Full Version: Website Theming Work
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Sounds good.
Let us know when you have something to show.
(2018-12-12, 19:38)Magnus Forsberg Wrote: [ -> ]Sounds good.
Let us know when you have something to show.

The link above is a live preview. It will change as I change things. I've already made some changes today and will be working on this throughout the month.
(2018-12-12, 19:23)Roland Melkert Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-12-11, 18:44)Orion Pobursky Wrote: [ -> ]The current working design is here:
http://www.ldraw.org/test-home.html

It looks nice but at first I thought it was broken cause my plugins where blocking the third party content.  Smile

Please make those temporary, I always liked LDraw being one of the few 'standalone' sites.

This is done. There should now be no external dependencies.
Some ideas for the front-page:

- An easy entry point for a "wish-list" of parts that does not need an entry into the forum, e.g. people could leave the design-id etc of a part that should be made.

- A more prominent link to the OMR

- An entry point/Drop-Off point for Sticker Scans so that we have a common dropbox where people could simpla upload high-qulity scans of sticker-sheets
(2018-12-11, 18:44)Orion Pobursky Wrote: [ -> ]Work has begun on changing the main site theme. Right now I'm focusing on cleaning up and consolidating the code.

Principle code cleanup and layout is done.

I'd like feedback for layout and styling.

Known issues:
  - Menus do not work on iPhone mobile. This is a known bug. As LDraw.org is principally desktop based, I feel waiting for an upstream fix is acceptable.
I’d like some more (or any really) on the layout before I move on to more customizations. 

Note: I already know that the menu does not work at all for iOS Safari and is kinda clunky on other touch devices. I’ll be working on a more mobile friendly menu system in the near future.
I would invert the "News" with the "Get started" box and expand the news article since ther is now enough room.

The JJMA is not centered properly:

[attachment=3361]

w.
(2019-01-02, 21:06)Orion Pobursky Wrote: [ -> ]I’d like some more (or any really) on the layout before I move on to more customizations. 

Note: I already know that the menu does not work at all for iOS Safari and is kinda clunky on other touch devices. I’ll be working on a more mobile friendly menu system in the near future.

Note: I haven't read most of the posts in this thread, so I apologize if I say something that's already been said.

The menu also gets cropped (with no way to scroll) if the browser window is too narrow, even on a PC.

I don't personally like the fact that the blue banner at the top is slightly wider than the menu. To me, that ends up looking messy. Since the banner is just a gradient, I assume it could be made to be the exact width of the top menu.

The News section only containing one entry per page is very strange. There is definitely space for more than that on each page.
What are the thoughts on the cards for the home boxes? I realize the graphics scale badly but that can be fixed.
(2019-01-03, 0:48)Travis Cobbs Wrote: [ -> ]The menu also gets cropped (with no way to scroll) if the browser window is too narrow, even on a PC.

This will be fixed when I make the menu more responsive.

(2019-01-03, 0:48)Travis Cobbs Wrote: [ -> ]I don't personally like the fact that the blue banner at the top is slightly wider than the menu. To me, that ends up looking messy. Since the banner is just a gradient, I assume it could be made to be the exact width of the top menu.

The News section only containing one entry per page is very strange. There is definitely space for more than that on each page.

I'll see if I can make the menu scale with screen size.

The news thing is just a tag setting. I left it at the same setting as the current homepage but can change it.
Pages: 1 2 3 4