LDraw.org Discussion Forums

Full Version: [LDPatternCreator] Release 1.6.8 (increased pattern description length)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

this is just a minor change, but I do not want to delay it any longer.
I increased the pattern description length to 1024 chars.

Download and install the latest LDPatternCreator release directly from sourceforge.net.

Change log:

New features:
  • Increased the description limit to 1024 characters.
As always, I included a short readme.htm in the installation directory.

Cheers & Leg Godt

Nils
Hey,

yesterday, I did little refactorings to prepare several transformations for LPC's software architecture.
My main goal is to make LPC ready for bigger changes (with new features), reduce the overall complexity, lines of code, and maybe introduce automated (unit) tests.

I want to refrain from implementing really complex features at the moment :)

Cheers,
Nils
(2018-10-27, 15:19)Nils Schmidt Wrote: [ -> ]I want to refrain from implementing really complex features at the moment Smile
...such as area triangulation? Wink
(2018-10-27, 15:19)Nils Schmidt Wrote: [ -> ]Hey,

yesterday, I did little refactorings to prepare several transformations for LPC's software architecture.
My main goal is to make LPC ready for bigger changes (with new features), reduce the overall complexity, lines of code, and maybe introduce automated (unit) tests.

I want to refrain from implementing really complex features at the moment Smile
Something I miss.... possibility of copy/paste (triangles, vertices) between two different LDPC instances.
(2018-12-11, 19:22)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-10-27, 15:19)Nils Schmidt Wrote: [ -> ]Hey,

I want to refrain from implementing really complex features at the moment Smile
Something I miss.... possibility of copy/paste (triangles, vertices) between two different LDPC instances.

I second this!
An idea for a future version: automatic creation of flat stickers. LDPC would take the user drawn pattern, place it at y=-.25, create a sticker rim with quads and triangulate the back face.
Yes, that would be awesome to have.

Or maybe even better, to have LDPC automagically create a formed sticker around a defined rounded surface, based on a scanned/photographed, flat sticker.
(2018-12-15, 14:10)Magnus Forsberg Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, that would be awesome to have.

Or maybe even better, to have LDPC automagically create a formed sticker around a defined rounded surface, based on a scanned/photographed, flat sticker.

That would save a lot of time.
(2018-12-11, 19:22)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: [ -> ]Something I miss.... possibility of copy/paste (triangles, vertices) between two different LDPC instances.

I created an issue (#3).

Happy new year by the way... :)
(2018-12-15, 13:09)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: [ -> ]An idea for a future version: automatic creation of flat stickers. LDPC would take the user drawn pattern, place it at y=-.25, create a sticker rim with quads and triangulate the back face.

I created an issue (#4).
(2018-12-15, 14:10)Magnus Forsberg Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, that would be awesome to have.

I think that I should focus on other features first (which will also use triangulation, corner/edge detection, and colour releated cluster analysis).