LDraw.org Discussion Forums

Full Version: One dapper torso
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
UPDATE: With some help, I've managed to do the front side. I'm unsure as to how to add the back side, but I'm pretty happy with how it turned out considering it's my first part.
(2018-02-19, 8:21)Aimee Wrote: [ -> ]UPDATE: With some help, I've managed to do the front side. I'm unsure as to how to add the back side, but I'm pretty happy with how it turned out considering it's my first part.

My approach is this:
1. Draw the front Pattern with LDPC using the 973 template
2. Export as DAT --> Project on the XY plane (-Z, front)
3. Draw the back Pattern using the 973 template
4. Export as DAT --> Project on the XY plane (+Z, back)
5. Open the front .dat file in LPPE
6. Open the back .dat file in LPPE
7. Delete the back side in the front .dat file
8. Copy the back side .dat into the front .dat
9. Save the .dat file with the right part number

I hope it can help you.

Regards Johann
(2018-02-19, 8:21)Aimee Wrote: [ -> ]UPDATE: With some help, I've managed to do the front side. I'm unsure as to how to add the back side, but I'm pretty happy with how it turned out considering it's my first part.

Great looking design.
Would you please consider becoming a registered part author and share your part?
Please read and follow the instructions here.
Don't forget the color of the neck mark.
Check BFC
Run through Datheader.

w.
(2018-02-19, 21:03)Johann Eisner Wrote: [ -> ]

My approach is this:
1. Draw the front Pattern with LDPC using the 973 template

Super! Thanks.
You did a very good job!

Currently, I am a little bit busy... but I promise that I'll release an improved LDPatternCreator (LPC) version this year.
I have also plans for new LDPE updates, documentation and tutorials (I really need to do that).
(2018-02-19, 22:09)Magnus Forsberg Wrote: [ -> ]

Great looking design.
Would you please consider becoming a registered part author and share your part?
Please read and follow the instructions here.

I don't know if it's good enough, but the part is here:
(2018-02-20, 21:01)Nils Schmidt Wrote: [ -> ]You did a very good job!

Currently, I am a little bit busy... but I promise that I'll release an improved LDPatternCreator (LPC) version this year.
I have also plans for new LDPE updates, documentation and tutorials (I really need to do that).

Thank you! It's good software, once I figured it out Wink
Looks pretty good! Just two things:
- There is a very thin, unmatched triangle on the left side of middle of knot
- Part naming doesn't match LDraw nomenclature. Should be 973pd25.
For the curvy parts of a pattern get a try on:

Add primitive... -> Create a spline...

w.
Pages: 1 2 3