LDraw.org Discussion Forums

Full Version: 1970's - LEGOland and hobby sets
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
I've updated 606-1 Ambulance with complete state.
623-1 Red Cross Car will follow, when sticker 004762a is certified.
Set: 670-1 Mobile Crane
OMR Compliant: Yes
Known errors: Missing stickers (Danger stripes on vehicle body), Missing flexible string
Inlined unofficials: 004656a (on PT, admin certified)
Done with: MLCad 3.51

This model is built several years ago and cleaned up just now.
Of course creating flexible items and any other improvements are welcomed.

[attachment=5886]
[attachment=5887]
Set: 643-1 Flatbed Truck
Known errors: none

[attachment=5888]
[attachment=5889]
Set: 644-2 Police Mobile Patrol

[attachment=5894]
[attachment=5895]
Set: 671-1 Shell Petrol Tanker
OMR Compliant: Currently no (not inlined unofficial stickers)
[attachment=5898]
[attachment=5899]

Updated with creating stickers and flexible rope.
(2020-11-15, 12:44)Takeshi Takahashi Wrote: [ -> ]Set: 670-1 Mobile Crane
Known errors: Missing stickers (Danger stripes on vehicle body), Missing flexible string
Inlined unofficials: 004656a (on PT, admin certified)

This model is built several years ago and cleaned up just now.
Of course creating flexible items and any other improvements are welcomed.

Indeed, ropes and strings are critical to many of the models from this era. Perhaps none less so than this one. :-)

LDCad can handle them of course, but they are fiddly and take a long time to build, at least if you're going for a great deal of accuracy. I've been working at things like pre-made knots and spools, etc., but I find that these differ almost with each different model. Wish there were a better way to automate them!
(2020-11-20, 19:20)N. W. Perry Wrote: [ -> ]Indeed, ropes and strings are critical to many of the models from this era. Perhaps none less so than this one. :-)

LDCad can handle them of course, but they are fiddly and take a long time to build, at least if you're going for a great deal of accuracy. I've been working at things like pre-made knots and spools, etc., but I find that these differ almost with each different model. Wish there were a better way to automate them!

I agree that the flexible ropes and hoses have very important roles in these models.
I'm now learning the use of LDCad including building flexible parts, to migrate from MLCad getting out-of-date.
The knots and spools are so difficult for me currently (authoring patterned tiles or bricks is far easier than them!!),
but I'll try to create them beginning from an update for set 377.
(2020-11-20, 13:42)Takeshi Takahashi Wrote: [ -> ]Known errors: Missing flexible hose (rope)

Check out:

http://omr.ldraw.org/files/1210
http://omr.ldraw.org/files/1450

Done with LDCad or Synth

w.
(2020-11-22, 7:57)Takeshi Takahashi Wrote: [ -> ]I agree that the flexible ropes and hoses have very important roles in these models.
I'm now learning the use of LDCad including building flexible parts, to migrate from MLCad getting out-of-date.
The knots and spools are so difficult for me currently (authoring patterned tiles or bricks is far easier than them!!),
but I'll try to create them beginning from an update for set 377.

You can create cap parts for things like common knots (if you don't want to model the knot itself, a sphere primitive can be a good approximation), and you could do the same with a single spool loop (or even a whole course of them, if you need a full spool). But I think it would be cool to have an automated spooling script, similar to how spring part meshes are generated.
(2020-04-23, 19:54)Orion Pobursky Wrote: [ -> ]LDCad is far superior for this.

Updated, with creating flexible hose by LSynth (Missing invisible knots).
I wonder how to make the hose thicker as a real part.

[attachment=5989]
[attachment=5990]
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15