LDraw.org Discussion Forums

Full Version: Technic 2018
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Side flex seems relatively "natural" to me... But indeed I overlooked orientation of front windshield bar. Corrected in the model, but too lazy to change render...
Quote:I remember that especially the rear wing structure was a royal pain in the *** :p
Sides of windshield were no trivial either... But at least this model doesn't depend on flexibility, as did 42077 rally car (yuck!)
I would like to also contribute to the 2018 models. It took me a few weeks, but here it is:

[Image: meJG5NC.png]
[Image: SWamWMx.png]
[Image: YtwJSLa.png]

I tried to be OMR compliant, but MPDCenter says it is not OMR compliant without telling me the reason.
Because of my little experience, I assume there are still some errors. Could you spot any errors?
The .mpd file is attached.

Update: I followed the steps below and now the file is OMR compliant.
(2018-09-23, 7:46)Charles Farmer Wrote: [ -> ]I would like to also contribute to the 2018 models. It took me a few weeks, but here it is:

[Image: meJG5NC.png]
[Image: SWamWMx.png]
[Image: YtwJSLa.png]

I tried to be OMR compliant, but MPDCenter says it is not OMR compliant without telling me the reason.
Because of my little experience, I assume there are still some errors. Could you spot any errors?

Great model! Thank you for sharing this.

Yes, the Quickcheck of MPDCenter tells you that all is ok, but there is a window telling you "It is not OMR conform".

Some tests are not made for the quicktest. For a deeper analysis please use the menu command "Informations" and then "LDraw OMR Check".

Then you get the reason: Contains references to '~Moved to' files.

To make the file OMR conform you now need to use the menu command "Edit" - "Update '~Moved to' references".

After that your file is OMR conform according MPDCenter.

cu
Mikeheide
(2018-09-23, 7:46)Charles Farmer Wrote: [ -> ]I tried to be OMR compliant, but MPDCenter says it is not OMR compliant without telling me the reason.
You can use LDCad's cleanup feature to remove the ~moved references.

Just be sure to disable all of the header options as your usage of "Step X" descriptions in the submodels will cause the feature to handle them as step meta's.
You are welcome! And thanks, you are completely right and now it is OMR conform Smile
(2018-09-23, 18:19)Roland Melkert Wrote: [ -> ]You can use LDCad's cleanup feature to remove the ~moved references.

Ah thanks, how could I miss that? I actually used the cleanup function, but I didn't check the right checkbox.

(2018-09-23, 18:19)Roland Melkert Wrote: [ -> ]Just be sure to disable all of the header options as your usage of "Step X" descriptions in the submodels will cause the feature to handle them as step meta's.

I see. Probably it is not the best idea to using "Step X" descriptions for all my submodels...
(2018-09-23, 7:46)Charles Farmer Wrote: [ -> ]I would like to also contribute to the 2018 models. It took me a few weeks, but here it is:

I just noticed the rope spindle, that must have been fun to model Big Grin

I have been thinking about a special guidance point (besides bezier and circle) to ease that up since 1.5 though.
(2018-09-24, 17:31)Roland Melkert Wrote: [ -> ]I just noticed the rope spindle, that must have been fun to model Big Grin  

I have been thinking about a special guidance point (besides bezier and circle) to ease that up since 1.5 though.

Thanks for noticing! It took me a while, but it helped that I only created four guidance points in LDcad after which I added the other guidance points by editing the file in a text editor.

BTW, I think many people told you already, but you did an awesome job with creating LDcad. I think it is very well thought through!
[Image: 800x600.jpg]
Download MPD (OMR compliant)
Known errors: No stickers
Done with LDCad 1.6b

Special thanks to Philo for his short introduction for solving an angle problem and for the hint to the POV export functions of LDCad.
[Image: 800x600.jpg]
Download MPD (OMR compliant)
Known errors: No stickers.
Done with LDCad 1.6b
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6