LDraw.org Discussion Forums

Full Version: [LDPartEditor] 0.8.28 Beta Released (local/global transformation, col. 16, merge)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Another issue with select filter... Even if an element is filtered out, clicking on it still selects it. Generally this is only mildly annoying, but it becomes a real pain when trying to select edge lines and nearby (invisible) condlines get selected at the same time, even if condlines are unchecked in selection filter.
(2017-05-22, 14:52)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: [ -> ]Another issue with select filter...
Yes,
How do I select only one, single vertex on a surface, when I have two, or more, adjacent surfaces.
I want to grab that single vertex, and move it away from the other one.
As a user I want to select a single vertex in the Text Editor, click on Show Selection in 3D view, and move that vertex in the 3D Editor with the Manipulator.

Workaround:
Select a quad in the 3D Editor, look at it in the Text Editor, Select the vertex in the 3D Editor, and let the Sync Edit show which vertex it is.
Turn of both Move Adjacent (in 3D) and Sync Edit (in Text Edit) and edit the vertex in the Text Editor. Grab it in 3D Edit and move it.
Yeah, I have this problem too from time to time. My workaround is to move the entire surface, then move the vertex I want to modify, then replace the surface (with the vertex now disconnected from neighbour elements).
(2017-04-22, 14:18)Nils Schmidt Wrote: [ -> ]
  1. Adjust the path within the txt-files to match your installation directory (where the ".jar" file is located, Path=..., e.g. /home/username/LDPartEditor)
  2. Remove the ".txt" file ending (ldpe.desktop.txt -> ldpe.desktop and ldpeupdater.desktop.txt -> ldpeupdater.desktop)
  3. Copy the ".desktop" files into the /home/your_user_name/.local/share/applications folder
  4. Copy the ".png" files into the /home/your_user_name/.local/share/icons folder

Did, but who do I get them on the desktop? I copied it from the applications folder to the Desktop but it doesn't show up even if I remove the hidden feature. Recopying tells me that the file is already there.  

w.

PS. Why is there such a huge difference on the primitive icons? On linux you can tell what prims are shown while you cannot at all on Windows?
[attachment=2781]
(2017-06-05, 11:06)Willy Tschager Wrote: [ -> ]Why is there such a huge difference on the primitive icons? On linux you can tell what prims are shown while you cannot at all on Windows?

Hi Willy,

I would like to see how it looks on your Windows system, too. Your screenshot looks normal.
There are two buttons below the primitive icon area: plus (+) and minus (-) to enlarge or shrink the primitive icons.

Cheers

Nils
Now I know what's wrong. The windows version shows a frontal view and I have no idea how to rotate it to 3D.

[attachment=2795]

w.
(2017-06-14, 10:41)Willy Tschager Wrote: [ -> ]Now I know what's wrong. The windows version shows a frontal view and I have no idea how to rotate it to 3D.
Click in the primitives preview window. Then you can rotate them exactly the same way as you rotate model in main window.
(2017-06-14, 10:41)Willy Tschager Wrote: [ -> ]Now I know what's wrong. The windows version shows a frontal view and I have no idea how to rotate it to 3D.

a) Click in the primitives preview window. Then you can rotate them exactly the same way as you rotate model in main window (middle mouse button or 'M' key). You can use the scroll wheel or the right mouse button to scroll and ctrl+scroll wheel zooms in/out.
b) I created an issue (#542) for a tooltip
c) This is not the default behaviour anymore (#422). If you reset your settings on Windows, you'll see the same view .

Hope this helps :)
(2017-05-14, 9:13)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: [ -> ]Sometimes, deselected elements are re-selected when selecting a subpart.

I was able to fix this issue (#536).
(2017-06-15, 13:26)Nils Schmidt Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-05-14, 9:13)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: [ -> ]Sometimes, deselected elements are re-selected when selecting a subpart.

I was able to fix this issue (#536).
Good new, was a pretty annoying one (often I didn't noticed and got duplicated things...)
Pages: 1 2 3 4