LDraw.org Discussion Forums

Full Version: [LDPartEditor] 0.8.28 Beta Released (local/global transformation, col. 16, merge)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
(2017-02-26, 6:44)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: [ -> ]Awesome!

Version 0.8.29 is complete.
(2017-02-28, 20:05)Willy Tschager Wrote: [ -> ]Any suggestion where to store LDPE on Linux Mint 17.3?

w.

I just created a folder within my home folder.
It is sufficient that LDPE can read and write within that folder.

For windows I will write some special code to support the "AppData" folder in the future.
I know that there is a feature request to store LDPE in the "Program Files" folder, but I have to work on other issues first.
Got a minor, low priority request: make the menu bar tools button (currently a teeny down arrow) a normal sized "Tools..." button. My mind knows it's there, but my finger so often hits the merge/split button instead!
(2017-03-01, 8:11)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: [ -> ]Got a minor, low priority request: make the menu bar tools button (currently a teeny down arrow) a normal sized "Tools..." button. My mind knows it's there, but my finger so often hits the merge/split button instead!

Done! (issue #511)
Suggestions for a desktop icon entry in order to run the shell script from the desk? This one doesn't work:

[Desktop Entry]
Comment=
Terminal=true
Name=LDPE
Exec= sh /home/willy/LDPE/run.sh
Type=Application

w.
What about integrating Ytruder? Sometimes miss it, and shouldn't be very difficult...
(2017-03-17, 16:11)Willy Tschager Wrote: [ -> ]Suggestions for a desktop icon entry in order to run the shell script from the desk? This one doesn't work:

[Desktop Entry]
Comment=
Terminal=true
Name=LDPE
Exec= sh /home/willy/LDPE/run.sh
Type=Application

w.

I would still appreciate some hints from the Linux wizards out there.

w.
(2017-04-21, 6:23)Willy Tschager Wrote: [ -> ]I would still appreciate some hints from the Linux wizards out there.

w.

1. Adjust the path within the txt-files to match your installation directory (where the ".jar" file is located, Path=..., e.g. /home/username/LDPartEditor)
  2. Remove the ".txt" file ending (ldpe.desktop.txt -> ldpe.desktop and ldpeupdater.desktop.txt -> ldpeupdater.desktop)
  3. Copy the ".desktop" files into the /home/your_user_name/.local/share/applications folder
  4. Copy the ".png" files into the /home/your_user_name/.local/share/icons folder
Sometimes, deselected elements are re-selected when selecting a subpart.
Reproducing scenario:
- Select a few simple elements (lines and/or surfaces)
- Press Esc to deselect them
- change to subfile selection mode
- click on a subfile to select it.
all (but last one) simple elements are now selected with the subpart.
Wish of the day (conveniency)
As a user, I'd like to have a "select all types" and a "select none" check box along with select vertices/lines/triangles etc

With these buttons I can - for example - quickly select all condlines ("select none" then "condlines") then come back to normal usage ("select all types"). I have a similar feature in my electronics CAD program, and it proves very convenient.
Pages: 1 2 3 4