LDraw.org Discussion Forums

Full Version: City / Airport
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[Image: 7893.jpg]
Download MPD (OMR compliant)
Known errors: Missing stickers
Done with LDCad 1.6alpha4.
I am really impressed that all the new plane parts have been done.

looks really good
just did a large rendering of it, super results
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/GrapeA..._plane.png
(2016-09-14, 12:53)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: [ -> ]City / Airport sets

I'm not real impressed with those sets for some reason. Sad
Glad you like them Wink
[Image: 60101.png]
Download MPD (OMR compliant)
Known errors: Missing stickers
Done with LDCad 1.6alpha4.
How do you make those nice renderings? With LDCad only?
(2016-11-15, 13:19)Marc Belanger Wrote: [ -> ]How do you make those nice renderings? With LDCad only?
No, I think that this one was done with LDView. But LDCad renderings have the same quality level (sometimes even better), you just have a little less control on framing and lighting direction (View -> editing View -> OpenGL view export). The only "trick" I use it to create a huge image (the initial one was 4000x4000) then resize it down. Note that Tom Burger's rendering in the post below was done with a ray-tracing program (PovRay I guess)
Not a city and no airport for landing for the first aircraft !

10124 - Wright Flyer

[attachment=4880]
[attachment=4881]

File OMR compliant
Known error : Chain optimized with lenght criteria, in this case contact between chain and wheels are not perfect.
Rendering without chain and string, studio refused to performed ...
(2020-02-22, 13:36)Marc Giraudet Wrote: [ -> ]Known error : Chain optimized with lenght criteria, in this case contact between chain and wheels are not perfect.
Yeah, virtual chains lack the slack offered by physical ones!
Quote:Rendering without chain and string, studio refused to performed ...
A weird one... I tried to debug more finely (using delete one by one/try render) to see what caused Studio renderer to crash.
- Chains (as expected, they are just a collection of parts) worked fine.
- Most strings worked fine, except for Wing string RH... I tried to tweak it to no avail, so I finally recreated it by duplication/mirroring of (working) Wing string LH.
- I also had to modify maxmerge to 1 to avoid triggering Studio scaled parts bug.
Attached a modified file that works fine.
I also tried to understand what difference between working and not working strings caused the problem, but couldn't find anything meaninful Sad
Pages: 1 2