LDraw.org Discussion Forums

Full Version: LPub3D (2.0.4) - crash when generate fade colour parts list
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Trevor,

I'm selecting the menu option "Configuration/Generage Fade Colour Parts List" (yes "Generage" - a typo I suspect). After a long time, just aster displaying the message "Writing Colour Part List" in the LPub3D window status line, I am seeing LPub3D crashing. Refer to the attached screenshot.

Any suggestions as to what might be causing the problem?

Regards,

David
(2016-07-07, 2:19)David Manley Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Trevor,

I'm selecting the menu option "Configuration/Generage Fade Colour Parts List" (yes "Generage" - a typo I suspect). After a long time, just aster displaying the message "Writing Colour Part List" in the LPub3D window status line, I am seeing LPub3D crashing. Refer to the attached screenshot.

Any suggestions as to what might be causing the problem?

Regards,

David

I must have broken something  Blush I'll take a look.

Actually, I haven't done anything around generating this list so it'll be interesting to see what's broken.

Cheers,
(2016-07-07, 9:21)Trevor Sandy Wrote: [ -> ]I must have broken something  Blush I'll take a look.

Actually, I haven't done anything around generating this list so it'll be interesting to see what's broken.

Cheers,

I suspect that it might be something to do with file ownership. But then again I could be totally wrong!

This used to work successfully with version 1.x. As a check, I uninstalled 2.0.4, reinstalled 1.x and successfully ran fade parts generation. I then uninstalled 1.x and reinstalled 2.0.4 and the problem still exists, though the second time it said the error was in one of the QT5 DLLs.

Regards,

David
(2016-07-07, 10:48)David Manley Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-07-07, 9:21)Trevor Sandy Wrote: [ -> ]I must have broken something  Blush I'll take a look.

Cheers,

I suspect that it might be something to do with file ownership. But then again I could be totally wrong!

This used to work successfully with version 1.x. As a check, I uninstalled 2.0.4, reinstalled 1.x and successfully ran fade parts generation. I then uninstalled 1.x and reinstalled 2.0.4 and the problem still exists, though the second time it said the error was in one of the QT5 DLLs.

Regards,

David

I found the problem. When I introduced the ldrawini functionality, I aligned the fade parts list generation capability to work with the directory list from the ldrawini output but, as I am discovering, when ldrawini is not used it is possible to break the directory crawler functionality in this capability. So basically, if you are using an ldrawini config file, there should be no problem if your search directories are explicitly defined.

I won't fix because I don't like what is there now. Instead, i'll rewrite to read from the archive libraries instead of crawling directories.

Cheers,