LDraw.org Discussion Forums

Full Version: [LDPartEditor] 0.8.5 Beta Released
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
I better understand now, the new surfaces were added behind my back! See the attached files. 64053 is the original file, 64053ldpe is a copy in which I:
- Select the back box3u2p
- Select -> touching
- Cut
- Paste
- Save

The files should hopefully havethe same elements with selection placed at the end of 64053ldpe ... but the processed file now has 10 more elements!
Another issue... Hide/Show state seems extremely volatile: as soon as I change rendering mode or (worse!) make an undo, everything I painfully hid to access some internal part of a design is shown again.
Quote:Under "Merge/Split" I use the "Scale" function to mirror by X, Y and Z axis. Just put a "-1" in there
Just tried that, and stumbled on another mysterious issue:
- I select a buch of lines and quads for which I want to create a mirror copy.
- copy/paste selection
- Scale X by -1
...damned, the initial copy is mirrored too. Supposed that the initial copy was still selected after copy/paste?
So, after paste, I go to text window, select the lines of the copy and only them, press "show selection in 3D view". Scale X by -1. Bummer, the initial copy that was NOT selected is still mirrored! And no, "Move adjacent data" was NOT checked. Sad
Philippe Hurbain Wrote:
Quote:Under "Merge/Split" I use the "Scale" function to mirror by X, Y and Z axis. Just put a "-1" in there
Just tried that, and stumbled on another mysterious issue:
- I select a buch of lines and quads for which I want to create a mirror copy.
- copy/paste selection
- Scale X by -1
...damned, the initial copy is mirrored too. Supposed that the initial copy was still selected after copy/paste?
So, after paste, I go to text window, select the lines of the copy and only them, press "show selection in 3D view". Scale X by -1. Bummer, the initial copy that was NOT selected is still mirrored! And no, "Move adjacent data" was NOT checked. Sad

Uhhh, yes, sorry I forgot to mention this! That must be a bug, I had this issue as well.

To avoid this I move the (copied) data a bit first and then mirror it. This avoids the wrong mirroring and keeps the original data at their position.
Philippe Hurbain Wrote:Another issue... Hide/Show state seems extremely volatile: as soon as I change rendering mode or (worse!) make an undo, everything I painfully hid to access some internal part of a design is shown again.
It should be easy to repair. I will improve this with the release of version 0.8.6.
I thing that vertices of condlines control points should not be normally shown, especially those of primitives. They could be useful only in special condline mode, they are annoying otherwise. As you can see in this example it is next to impossible to choose the right vertice to draw an edge line at the base of the cylinder when the zoom level is low enough to see both ends...
http://forums.ldraw.org/file.php/24/2184/cpvertices.jpg
Good point, may be these vertices shall only be visible if the "special Condlines" mode is activated
I'd really like to be able to close a .dat file to enable edition in other editors. Some operations (eg. copy/mirror a section of a file) are still very inefficient to do in LDPE while they just take a split second in MLCad. In the future this will hopefully be necessary, but for now...
Editing files in parallel with LDPE is possible (but clumsy) in LDDP, but not in MLCad (locked file).
OK, I could also close LDPE temporarily, but since it's very long to start I'm not keen of doing this too often...
Philippe Hurbain Wrote:Editing files in parallel with LDPE is possible (but clumsy) in LDDP, but not in MLCad (locked file).
OK, I could also close LDPE temporarily, but since it's very long to start I'm not keen of doing this too often...

The first button in the upper left corner with the two grey arrows triggers a sychronisation process which re-loads the file contents from the disk. You don`t have to close LDPE. In the future, I will implement a polling function for the detection of external file content changes.
Mmhhh.... sorry, tried again and the file doesn't seem to be locked actually, so I can edit file with MLCad while it's open in LDPE (there is still something not totally clear, I am pretty sure I tried the same thing before and file was locked, I'll keep my eyes peeled if it occurs again).
Quote:The first button in the upper left corner with the two grey arrows triggers a sychronisation process which re-loads the file contents from the disk. You don`t have to close LDPE.
Yeah... but it also reloads primitives, etc, etc and takes about the same time as a full restart Sad
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5