LDraw.org Discussion Forums

Full Version: CC-Files
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Here are the files for:
  • Cafe Corner
  • Green Grocer
  • Market Street

I think, there are some parts missing (the apples and minifig-parts for example) but all in all it's complete.
And I had forgotten: it's not OMR-conform.

Max
Just out of curiosity, did you put the

0 WRITE Peeron: 10182-1

line in manually? Or was it generated by some software that I am unaware of.
I think MLCad inserts them. Or did at one point since some of my models have this command as well.
I did it by myself, so that Michael Heidemann's OMR-Maker work in the right way.

Max
Here is the OMR version I'm gonna ship with the upcoming AIOI 2011-02.

w.
Great work!
I don't like to give special names to all subparts. It costs me too much time ;-)

Max
Just checked this file with MPDCenter and I think it is not correct against our current specification.
The specs say that " - " will be a separator for parts of the filename.
So if the MPD has the filename '10182 - Cafe Corner.mpd' all LDR files in this MPD needs to be in the form "setnumber - description.ldr". So the filename '10182 - Minifig 1.ldr' is valid and the filename '10182 - Ground floor - 2x Plate 1x1 Dark_Blue.ldr' is incorrect because it is not clear that the second " - " is from the description.
All DAT files in this MPD needs to be in the form "setnumber - setname - partnumber.dat". Therefore the file '4719c01.dat' needs to be changed to '10182 - Cafe Corner - 4719c01.dat'.
Also the added Lsynth helper files has to be according these rule (beneth they do not carry a description!!).
Michael Heidemann Wrote:All DAT files in this MPD needs to be in the form "setnumber - setname - partnumber.dat". Therefore the file '4719c01.dat' needs to be changed to '10182 - Cafe Corner - 4719c01.dat'.

I'm 90% certain this is a cut and paste erro on my part when I drafted the spec. I think that "setname" should be removed.
Michael Heidemann Wrote:Just checked this file with MPDCenter and I think it is not correct against our current specification.
The specs say that " - " will be a separator for parts of the filename.
So if the MPD has the filename '10182 - Cafe Corner.mpd' all LDR files in this MPD needs to be in the form "setnumber - description.ldr". So the filename '10182 - Minifig 1.ldr' is valid and the filename '10182 - Ground floor - 2x Plate 1x1 Dark_Blue.ldr' is incorrect because it is not clear that the second " - " is from the description.

Please point me to the part in the specs http://www.ldraw.org/Article593.html prohibiting the usage of a hyphen in the set name.

Michael Heidemann Wrote:All DAT files in this MPD needs to be in the form "setnumber - setname - partnumber.dat". Therefore the file '4719c01.dat' needs to be changed to '10182 - Cafe Corner - 4719c01.dat'.
Also the added Lsynth helper files has to be according these rule (beneth they do not carry a description!!).

Correct. I changed this in the AIOI prior release.

w.
Willy Tschager Wrote:Please point me to the part in the specs http://www.ldraw.org/Article593.html prohibiting the usage of a hyphen in the set name.
You are complete right! Nowhere it is forbitten. But if this happen I fear that I am unable to help with automatic generated filenames in official MPD files.
Maybe the last post from Orion is also very helpful if this would find a way into the spec!
Orion Pobursky Wrote:I'm 90% certain this is a cut and paste erro on my part when I drafted the spec. I think that "setname" should be removed.

As I first saw the new spec for the OMR I thought "not very clear documented", and now this is the second item in that spec that is not written like intended. This is to the LSC - please take the time you need to release a well documented spec because otherwise it makes more trouble than it helps.
Pages: 1 2