LDraw.org Discussion Forums

Full Version: New (semi)Technic parts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello. I have built an alternate model for 31045 (as a part of Czech AFOL forum contest) and these two new parts are missing in ldraw - and therefore in my instructions, too:

18677 - Plate, Modified 1 x 2 with Pin Hole on Bottom
22961 - Technic, Axle and Pin Connector Hub with 1 Axle

I hope these should be easy to do as they are just a combination of basic LEGO shapes.
Anyone willing to make them, please?
Hi Milan,

both parts are available and official, 18677 in 2015-1 and 22961 ind 2015-2 update respectively.

You can check the Parts-Tracker for missing/unofficial files.

Gerald
Thanks a lot and sorry for noise. Of course I looked there but I had to be blind or whatever... Sorry again.
Gerald Lasser Wrote:both parts are available and official, 18677 in 2015-1 and 22961 ind 2015-2 update respectively.
You can check the Parts-Tracker for missing/unofficial files.
Thank you for the right point again, Gerald. I was curious how I could miss them and I know the answer now:

If I click on Parts -> Parts Tracker, the search field works and I can find these parts. BUT if I click on Parts -> "Official parts" and use the search field there, I get: "Official Parts: no results are found". This is very confusing. And I was one of victims of this confusion Smile

If there is any reason for such behavior, may you add a note of explanation there? And if there is no special reason for this, may you make it working as it's expected, please?
The only search on the latter page is the standard site-search function that appears on all site pages, for searching text within articles and pages.

The former is the PT search page, for searching for parts.
I understand your point but what I'm talking about is how it looks for people coming to this page. There is not any note about "articles" or whatever. What you exactly get is: (copy&paste from the page):

Quote:You are here: Parts » Official Parts
LDraw Parts: Official Parts

Search Results For "18677"

No results found!

How one can find the problem is he/she looked for that string in articles? I see no way - and that's why I'm asking for some explaining note. Like: 'Search Results For "18677" in articles, section Parts » Official Parts' but you may find something better, of course. This is just my first idea.

Also, it would be helpful if the (correct) search field for official parts was at the "Official Parts" page, same as there is one at the "Unofficial Parts" page, with a note that it will take you to the part tracker.
Looks the search field at the page "Parts->Official Parts" is only to be used for a search on the web site itself.
That might indeed be a bit misleading.

May be the field should be called "Search Site:" and a link to be added for the Part Search on the PT

When I look for parts I always use the search field on the Parts-Tracker.