LDraw.org Discussion Forums

Full Version: LDraw OMR website
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
I'll get the update done soon. I've been turbo busy at work lately.
I've missed it indeed. Oops.
Thanks!
No problem! I'm not in a hurry or anything Smile
Orion got the (newest version of) the site working. Super!
See set 1713 as an example.

I'll probably start adding the current OMR files tomorrow. Finally some content Wink
Would it be possible to have a small picture of the set, first in every row, on the page All files?
LOVE IT!

However some remarks:

* The title of the single pages should be LDraw OMR - <set number> not viceversa
* The title of the all files page should be LDraw OMR - All available files, same goes for Statistics and About
* Latest files should also carry a rendering rather than a pic of the box.
* On the single page the "4349 Ken Drew [Ken]" should also carry the set name "4349-1 - Wild Pod - Ken Drew [Ken]"
* On the single page there should also be the theme
* Being known as extrem nitpicker I'd like to see a bit more room between the LDraw logo (which could be a tiny bit bigger) and OMR Home
* Finally the date of submission would be useful

w.
Willy Tschager Wrote:* The title of the single pages should be LDraw OMR - <set number> not viceversa
* The title of the all files page should be LDraw OMR - All available files, same goes for Statistics and About
I indeed noticed that it was the other way around on the main LDraw site. I don't really mind if it's one way or the other. I'll change it in the next version.

Willy Tschager Wrote:* Latest files should also carry a rendering rather than a pic of the box.
Yup. I was using set-pictures because I wanted (and actually still want) to skip the file-images and use a browser based viewer. That didn't work, but I never changed the latest-files images. It's already on the list of things to do in the next revision.

Willy Tschager Wrote:* On the single page the "4349 Ken Drew [Ken]" should also carry the set name "4349-1 - Wild Pod - Ken Drew [Ken]"
Interesting one. Never noticed that. Indeed no reason to only show the set number.

Willy Tschager Wrote:* On the single page there should also be the theme
You mean on a file-page, where you can see the file-header? I skipped the theme (and all other set info), because it's a file-page. There's a difference between the two, a set page is focussed on a single set and shows all set data including all the related files. A file-page shows information about the file with a link to the set (which has the set information).

Willy Tschager Wrote:* Being known as extrem nitpicker I'd like to see a bit more room between the LDraw logo (which could be a tiny bit bigger) and OMR Home
I wanted the logo a little bigger too, but if it would be bigger, I would have to create a second header with the logo only (like on the main LDraw site). I didn't wanted to that, seemed like a waste of space. I tried to make the space between the logo and the OMR Home link bigger, but I couldn't get it done quickly, so I pushed it into the to-do list. It's not a major problem Wink

Willy Tschager Wrote:* Finally the date of submission would be useful

I realised this too. The date of submission is already being recorded anyway, so it's just a matter of showing the data. I was also considering to add a date of the latest edit (so a creation date and a edit date).
I guess that's not that difficult. I'll see what I can do in the next version.

The all-files table is a little messed up anyway. It used to look like the table on a set-page, but for some reason it has these super high columns now, which it didn't had when there were less files.
I've made a small update to the website with some tweaks here and there. Changelog is here.

I just noticed however that there is a 'major' error when looking at certain files (for example 3798 or 3796). It seems to be a problem with encoding. I'll take a look into this. Almost all files are working fine though Smile
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12