LDraw.org Discussion Forums

Full Version: DATHeader 3.0.19.0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
There are some new features build in now and also (as always) bugfixes and changes.

New
1) Command line option /r changed to ui less version for scanning of files only and write the report to a file in "<userdocuments>\MPDCenter""
2) Command line option /c (correct) in conjunction with /r will correct the file and write it to "<userdocuments>\MPDCenter\corrected".
3) Command line option /l (library) works with both options on the library with report and correction (library will not be touched). (auf Recifier postprocessor achten-erl.)
3) If a conditional line and a line have the same values, the conditional line will be deleted.
Changes
1) Message for wrong comment lines changed.
2) Message for not corrected triangle because of colinear vertices changed.
3) If you "Save as" then the new name is written to the "Name:"-tag of the new file.
4) the application has now a new icon
5) There is no test for flat files scaled in the flat direction.
Bugfix
1) Correct colinear quad sometimes bring wrong lines.
2) Check on file name ending ...s01 or ..p01 could generate an error.
3) using of rectifier postprocessing gave wrong messages.
4) parsing of the author line improved.
5) If a subfile could not be found the boundingbox is set to all zero.
6) If the entire file will be flushed, also the picture will be flushed and the new header

You can download the tool as always from http://ldraw.heidemann.org/index.php?page=datheader
Hi Mike,

I was the original initiator behind the Check for scaled flat primitives. It started with a question from me.

Would it be possible to still have this as a feature in DH? Maybe turned on/off by a checkbox somewere?
The scaled primitive is now allowed, but IMO, it is still good practice to not have them scaled.
I want to have my files checked and corrected.
+1
+1 too. While I thought it was useless to make this mandatory, it's not a bad thing to detect and "correct it".
It seems to be very difficult to follow each wish.
If it will be shown in DATHeader again I fear that this will cause some people again to hold for this reason. This was never the attempt of DATHeader.
So I need now some idea how to avoid that.

Hmmm.. Maybe I just change the notice and add ".. NOT A HOLD VOTE!"

Just my idea. To bring the function back I just have to delete one line of code :-). But I want to have it right for the future now.

I am looking forward to your input.

cu
Mike
What I suggest (if it is possible), is that if you do a "correct all" then DH automatically unscale flat primitives. If you only do a validation check, then do nothing (no warning at all). Now, as you say... "Just my idea"!
Yes, and the correction can be stopped (initially it is checked) by unchecking a new checkbox in the properties.

This sounds good to me.

Any other idea, or agreement to this ideas ?

cu
Mike
I agree, it sound good to me too.
New version 3.0.19.1 is out now with the changes for fixing the scaled flat files in flat direction.

You can download the tool as always from http://ldraw.heidemann.org/index.php?page=datheader

I hope there is still no bug Smile

cu
Mike
(2015-12-23, 10:14)Michael Heidemann Wrote: [ -> ]New version 3.0.19.1 is out now with the changes for fixing the scaled flat files in flat direction.

I hope there is still no bug Smile

cu
Mike

I am suddenly getting the error:
Conversion of string 311/227 to type Integer is invalid. Microsoft.Visualbasic

Have this on two computers now, no clue how to fix this. Deleted the program and downloaded it again, still no luck. This happened on one computer during a hang of the program, I had to  forcefully close it.
Pages: 1 2 3 4