LDraw.org Discussion Forums

Full Version: Parts you would like to see?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hope this is OK to post here, if not my apologies.

Here is a thread for LEGO parts that you wish existed, but don't currently.
Please feel free to post DAT files, or if you don't have skill with LDraw then you can post images instead.

My first submission is a 1X1 pyramid sloped at 75 degrees (I think that was the angle)

It does look like LEGO will be coming out with a somewhat similar piece though sloped at 31 degrees.
EDIT: New versions of pyramid bricks, see latest post.
(2018-12-11, 19:38)Mark Kennedy Wrote: [ -> ]Here are two more pyramid bricks, this time 2 x 2 as well as a 1 x 1 dome brick.

Sorry, forgot the dome brick....
Here are updated versions of the two 2 x 2 pyramid bricks with added groove.

EDIT: This time I've fixed the studs so that they are more printer friendly.
Here is another  2 x 2 pyramid brick, but this time truncated to 2/3 height with a stud on top.
Heres a mock-up of a 2 X 2 round tile similar to 27925 but without the notch. The bottom needs some work and there isn't any cut out for the stud.
I would like to see more lego slopes without the lip on them that makes it look like a shingled roof when stacked up.
and no rounded corners because when they are stacked up they need to look smooth.

The modulex slopes do just that but are not lego scale, but do have pointy corners. which is good.
Maybe a 2x1 slope that is 2 plates high then a 2x1 slope that is 1 brick high.
(2020-03-20, 11:34)SNIPE Wrote: [ -> ]I would like to see more lego slopes without the lip on them that makes it look like a shingled roof when stacked up.
and no rounded corners because when they are stacked up they need to look smooth.

The modulex slopes do just that but are not lego scale, but do have pointy corners. which is good.
Maybe a 2x1 slope that is 2 plates high then a 2x1 slope that is 1 brick high.

While cool, it’ll prolly never happen. LEGO is designed for kids fingers. Similarly to the addition of the tile groove, the rounded corners will never go away.
The topic has been updated with pictures.
I found these two bricks in Lego Racers 1, but they do not exist in real life. The weird thing is it looks like it would have been a real part. They look nice and could have been used in many ways.

[Image: cJs1MoM.png]

These examples show how this brick would have been used:

[Image: r9QgsjJ.png]

[Image: gg6rrL3.png]