LDraw.org Discussion Forums

Full Version: What settings does LPub use when rendering with LDView
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

Maybe a strange question from me, but what settings does LPub use when rendering with LDView?
I've never been able to figure that out after all these years working with LPub (original and now LPub3D).

I have more PC's that run LDraw where I produce instructions and I am under the impressions it is different on every manchine, though the LDraw installation is pretty standard.
Also the resolution of the screen seems to affect the width/height of the images.
Where on one machine all assemblies fit nicely on the page, rendering the same LDraw file on another machine the images are either bigger (alas don't fit anymore) or are smaller.

Is there a way to force LPub(3D) what LDView settings it uses?

Thanks.
As far as I remember the "Perference set" you've set in LDView under:

Edit -> Preferences -> Preference Sets

w.
There is a bit more to it.

Generally LDView will use the settings last used when it was fired up. So, in theory you can have "Random Color" instructions or wireframes.

On the other hand it has a set of hard coded parameters it uses to address LDView, see renderCSI and renderPLI in the file "render.cpp" for those.

Code:
QString w  = QString("-SaveWidth=%1") .arg(width);
  QString h  = QString("-SaveHeight=%1") .arg(height);
  QString s  = QString("-SaveSnapShot=%1") .arg(pngName);

QString cg = QString("-cg0.0,0.0,%1") .arg(cd);

arguments << CA;
  arguments << cg;
  arguments << "-SaveAlpha=1";
  arguments << "-AutoCrop=1";
  arguments << "-ShowHighlightLines=1";
  arguments << "-ConditionalHighlights=1";
  arguments << "-SaveZoomToFit=0";
  arguments << "-SubduedLighting=1";
  arguments << "-UseSpecular=0";
  arguments << "-LightVector=0,1,1";
  arguments << "-SaveActualSize=0";
  arguments << w;
  arguments << h;
  arguments << s;

The documentation of LDView has an extensive section to explain the arguments you can hand over.