LDraw.org Discussion Forums

Full Version: Monorail Track Points
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I really hoped someone else would take on this project, but after a long time I finally decided to do it myself Big Grin I have modelled from the real parts I own and the pictures uploaded by William Howard, so there are inner details as well - and it was super helpfull that there already are some of the inner mechanics on the official library. I'm currently waiting for a reply from Chris Dee to upload the updated versions of '2891' and '2892' (short monorail curved tracks) as I have reworked the subfiles for those to work woth this part.

I however have a problem with the numbering. William Howard uses some numbers that don't believe are correct on his pictures. For example, he numbers the top and bottom assembly parts as '2880' and '2881', but these numbers are the numbers of two unrelated parts already on the official library? Also one of the inner mechanical parts "2890.dat, ~Monorail Points Rack Shover" (already made by someone else and accepted to the official library) has the same number as the complete assembly part of the monorail left track point should have according to bricklink and peeron? There has to be a mistake here? Should I just number the parts as an unknown number with 'uNNNN.dat' and get Chris Dee to upload a new version of '2890.dat'? What about the part in the official library? They may have wrong numbers all of them.

I asked the same question to the part admin mail (Chris Dee) while asking him to upload the above mentioned part rework. But it has been a couple of days and he has not answered. I guess it is because I should have asked the question on the forum in the first place Undecided



[Image: unitron_monorail_without_stickers.png]
So now you can make the Unitron stickers Damien! Tongue
I think Howard was right in all his pictures. The partnumbers seem correct.

Official files 2880 and 2881 are both Move to-files, moving and renumbering incorrect parts number usage.
I think the solution here would be to simply use a a-suffix to those numbers.
2880a.dat and 2881a.dat.

I belive that the numbers on the complete parts used by Bricklink and Peeron are wrong.

The complete assembly could maybe be something like:
2881c01.dat, Monorail Point Right 
2886c01.dat, Monorail Point Left

But I'm sure Chris will have a good answer to this.
Chapeau! Very impressed by your work!!

w.
(2018-10-03, 15:45)Magnus Forsberg Wrote: [ -> ]I think Howard was right in all his pictures. The partnumbers seem correct.

Official files 2880 and 2881 are both Move to-files, moving and renumbering incorrect parts number usage.
I think the solution here would be to simply use a a-suffix to those numbers.
2880a.dat and 2881a.dat.

I belive that the numbers on the complete parts used by Bricklink and Peeron are wrong.

The complete assembly could maybe be something like:
2881c01.dat, Monorail Point Right 
2886c01.dat, Monorail Point Left

But I'm sure Chris will have a good answer to this.

Yes, the part numbers are OK. Right switch assembled is 74780, left switch is 74781.
(2018-10-03, 17:46)Willy Tschager Wrote: [ -> ]Chapeau! Very impressed by your work!!
Yes indeed! Loooong time missing parts!
I have uploaded the parts now! But it still requires some subfiles that Chris needs to upload for me. Those subfiles are reworked versions of the short monorail track curves, so remember to download them as soon as they are up!
(2018-10-03, 14:33)Mikkel Bech Jensen Wrote: [ -> ]So now you can make the Unitron stickers Damien! Tongue

Yeah, I haven't done ldraw stuff for some time, but I think this will be a good opportunity to start again.
Thanks for the job!
Pages: 1 2