LDraw.org Discussion Forums

Full Version: Retiring Sticker Generator form AIOI
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I had to do a little job with Sticker Generator (after a long, long time I last used it) and found it really buggy so I'm gonna delete it form the AIOI.

w.
Making a new Sticker Program would be an easy project for some new person to do!

Sorry to see it go otherwise, but it was developed in Visual Basic (a really old language). I'm not surprised that newer versions of Windows don't do it justice.

Scott
There is already a new software around, the Ldraw Pattern Creator.
I like it a lot and did all my stickers that I have on the PT with it.
Yes, LPC is the best choise of the new tools, but it is missing the ability to translate a text file, in a specific font, directly to a dat-file.
The Sticker Generator became impossible to use when microsoft made the fonts unaccessable. It's no longer possible to define a search path to the font library.
Is this a win10 thing ? Because as far I know the fonts folder is still readable on win7 & 8 it just uses some weird desktop.ini to do some redirects etc.

I use it with LDCad to search (recursively) for font files to render with freetype.
No, this error showed up already on Win7

---------------------------
Sticker_Generator
Run-time error '339':

Component 'COMDLG32.OCX' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid
OK
Magnus Forsberg Wrote:The Sticker Generator became impossible to use when microsoft made the fonts unaccessable. It's no longer possible to define a search path to the font library.

The same applies for the Txt2Dat. I copy now the fonts I want to use in a sepearte directory and select them from there, this should solve your issue here as well. Tedious, yes...
Maybe my memory plays tricks on me, but yes, Txt2Dat works fine on my machine (win7 64).
I've now got a working Sticker Generator following these help infos, but as Willy said, it is buggy.

Help 1
Help 2